Menstrual Cycle - Is mine "Normal"??

wlovew

Reaction score
My cycle is all over the place and it has been for years. I've tracked it with a period app for 4.5 years now. While my period is consistently 5-6 days long, my cycle length changes pretty much every single month. For instance, starting in January 2014: 31, 28, 24, 28, 27, 24, 27, 27, 25, 25... and I had 2 periods in the month of May!!! For the cycle length to fluctuate like this, is there something wrong with me??? And to have 2 periods in May...that seems odd.... Am I even able to conceive??? I'm so worried now... :cry:

normal menstrual cycles normally lasts from 21 to 35 days but because you've had more than one period in a month and there are some fluctuations, My honest advice would be to speak with your doctor. Are you taking your temp or using OPK's? :hugs:

I just started temping about a week ago (after insemination) and I do have OPKs ready to go for my next cycle!! Temping is not going well because I keep being woken up at 4am by my loud neighbor, which was making my 7:30-8:00 temping totally spike. It was 97.4, 97.4, 96.5, spiked to 98.3, 98.5, and those two high days were when I was woken up at 4 and went back to sleep and then temped. So I initially thought ooooh implantation temp spike! LOL But that's highly doubtful, and I didn't test yesterday morning or today because I keep getting woken up. AF was due today and never came, today is CD 27 and my predicted AF start day. I have been advised to just take my BBT at 4am when I'm woken up, then go back to sleep. From now on that's what I'll do. I keep my thermometer ready right next to my bed and my phone so I can record in FF!!

I agree, your cycle can vary a few days here and there, but I would discuss the 2 periods in one month with your doctor. I do not think your cycles are that off that you would not be able to conceive at all. I would start charting and using OPK's if you want to get pregnant and just have a quick appointment with your doctor to go over any concerns to ease your mind. I think you are pretty normal though :)

Two periods in one month is fine. 30(ish) days in a month, 28(ish) day cycle. Even with a perfect cycle of 28days, sometimes you get two afs in one month.

My cycles vary between 25-32 days. Xx

I agree with previous posters. Talk to your Doc if you think there's something wrong.

My cycles are somewhat similar to yours: They go back and forth from long to short. One month it'll be 27 days, the next month it would be 30 to 32 days, then the month after that it would be 28 days. It's frustrating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->