Mental Health

I just think it's getting ridiculous now and I wonder if we will ever get this freedom back. The majority of people are vaccinated, the majority of people wear masks so I don't understand why there needs to be another delay. I feel so bad for children who are missing out on a lot. They've already lost over a year to Covid. My daughter has started her swimming lessons again and they have kept the changing rooms closed. There are kids getting changed outside or in their parents car. My DH was getting her changed in the hall and a member of staff said he couldn't do that. He said he's not walking Holly home freezing cold after swimming, and the man said to just put a dressing gown on her to walk home in, which isn't going to help if she's wearing a wet swimming costume still. In the end they said we could book a changing room for her if we phoned the day before each time. So I now phone to book the changing room and oh my goodness they make it so difficult. I am asked the reason for booking a changing room and when I say it's so she doesn't have to walk home in the cold, they repeat it back to me "so she doesn't have to walk home in the cold" as if they're trying not to laugh. I then have to be passed onto the manager each time to discuss it with them and they finally reluctantly agree to a changing room. They make us feel like proper weirdos for asking for a changing room. People can mix in shops and touch products etc, yet we are treated like we've made the most insane request for wanting a changing room after swimming and they're happily making kids walk home dripping wet. It's crazy :wacko:

Oh Bev that’s absolutely ridiculous I mean come where has people’s common sense gone!! Your poor Holly must have been freezing !!

I agree when is enough gonna be enough all the old and vulnerable have more than likely been vaccinated . We need to carry on and live our lives ! I was super anxious as you all know but now I am like we can’t keep doing this to ourselves and our kids . I feel like DS is just finding his feet again with people , kids clubs and it’s just all gonna be stopped again . My girls are loving gymnastics too !

I don’t think people will be happy if this carries on because what was the point of the vaccines if we can’t live our lives . I mean the infections are up but the deaths are still low ?

I am just doing whatever I think is best for my family and I hope that doesn’t seem selfish.

I totally agree. I really hope the world can get back to some sort of normality again. The kids seem to have suffered the most in this with their worlds changing so much. It must be extra weird for very young kids when this is all they've ever known :(

I agree Bev ! Everyone is getting fed up now the vaccinations are being rolled out . What’s going to happen when everyone has had both jabs ? Oh we need to lockdown in the winter while people get their booster jabs , just seems a never ending cycle

and Here we go again … DD2 has been sent home to isolate positive case in their class bubble ! I don’t know how they expect you to be able to follow all the rules when you have other children to look after ! She’s not meant to leave the house but I have to collect DD2 from school so do they expect me to leave her home on her own ?!

I'm so sorry your DD has to isolate again. It's impossible to be able to isolate when she's hot to go with you to pick her sister up from school. They don't seem to have thought this through very well. I hope she doesn't have to stay off for too long.

Wow what a difference a year makes . This time last year I was so anxious / stressed out with the thought of my girls going back to school .

My girls are so looking forward to going back to school and have missed their friends ! I am looking forward to getting my house in order and arranging a little surprise get together for my MILs birthday in 2 weeks time . I’m sure DS will
Enjoy the 1-1 time too as will I !

What’s everyone else looking forward to once they go back to school ?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->