Metformin Question?

KookieRaider

Reaction score
I am severely Hypoglycemic and my doctor prescribed me Metformin last week to help level me out. I totally forgot to tell her we were trying to conceive as we only just started our second month, cd2 today. I see on here that women take it to help them conceive, but how does it work with fertility? I will only be taking 500mg a day, in the morning and from what my Mother told me I will be sick feeling for a while from it. (She once took it for Type 2)

*I have yet to start metformin because I am waiting to finish my other meds for ulcers :/

Hi There,

dont really know much about Hypoglycemic, im on metformin 1500 mg a day 3 times a day, its an insulin sensitizing agent that also helps to reduce excessive androgen production, promotes weight loss, restores fertility, and enhances glucose metabolism - however I believe this is only if you have PCOS.

If you dont have PCOS it may not affect fertility for you.

Sorry i couldnt help further x

I have't been diagnosed with PCOS, but I have been suspecting it after having my IUD removed from complications in 2010. Since then I have had painful cyst ruptures, irregular periods, and painful cramps.
I was going to talk to my OB about it if we failed to get pregnant within a certain time frame, but I'm just so curious if Metformin would help me.

I have't been diagnosed with PCOS, but I have been suspecting it after having my IUD removed from complications in 2010. Since then I have had painful cyst ruptures, irregular periods, and painful cramps.
I was going to talk to my OB about it if we failed to get pregnant within a certain time frame, but I'm just so curious if Metformin would help me.

I suspected PCOS by the following

1. hardly eat anything but overweight
2. periods a mess - wont bleed for 3 months then il bleed constantly for 40 days
3. no luck ttc after 3 years

In the end I complained to my doctor who refered me to the hospital, my blood tests come back as high testosterone, a progesterone level of 4 and an internal ultrasound showed very polysistic ovaries, they were full of cysts. If you think you may have pcos id recommend asking for an internal ultrasound and some blood tests, good luck & I hope the metformin does help you (worth a try) x

Not to be negative or anything.. But I was on that pill to lose weight and it gave me Gastroparesis.. Not fun at all.. I get sick all the time, and can't keep down food... It is the worst thing to have.. I have been in and out of the hospital and still haven't got it under control.. If you stay on this, just be carefull... Cause you don't want to end up like me..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->