Metformin

littlepeps

Reaction score
I have PCOS with insulin resistance .. so why wont the fertility clinic prescribe me metformin ?????? He said it was to aid ovulation but he didnt want me to get pregnant with a bmi of 34 !!!!!!

Hi there,

I too was diagnosed with PCOS a month ago, I have been on metformin for 2 months now and have had 2 periods 30 days apart compared to once or twice every six months. I too have a high BMI but my dr said to try the metformin will assist with sugar, high blood pressure and mc during pregnancy but to keep active and watch my sugar intake. Metformin is suppose to help with weight loss, it has in a way, I havent put on any weight no matter what I eat, but I havent lost much due to inaction.

Just finished my last period and it was 10 days long, apparently its normal with our condition but my hormones are definitely working right now compared to before metformin. My first month I did not ovulate on metformin, praying and hoping this month will be better!
I cant understand why they wont give you metformin, it helps with weightloss and assists with ovulation, you should just go to a normal GP they might be able to help.
Good luck, would love to hear how your journey goes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->