Methotrexate for Ectopic - What to expect?

jmqt17

Reaction score
Hi & thank you for reading... After my ultrasound yesterday, I was sent to the hospital to receive 2 shots of methotrexate. I am wondering what to expect?

My HCG levels had been ALMOST doubling every 48 hours and as of yesterday I was 6w 2d pregnant. As soon as I realized the sonographer could not find anything in my uterus, I started sobbing. Baby was half way between my uterus and right ovary.

Has anyone had any similar situations? How far along were you and how intense was the pain when baby started to pass?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi
I have got to have this shot also...unlike you they cannot find my pregnancy its not in my tubes or uterus so mine is a pregnancy of unknown location....my levels have been rising like yours...i was stunned when they told me cos i should now be 9 weeks....had no pain no bleeding nothing....have you had the shots yet??? my docs want me to have bloods retested and further scan on the 14th...they said to me it wasn't a very nice injection...but didn't quite know what they mean??
I understand how you are feeling hunny i really do xxx if you wanna chat feel free to pm me xxx
:hugs: hunny xxx

I am sorry for your loss. I was given the shot on March 22 of this year for a suspected ectopic. I really never had any severe cramping after the shot. I just bled for 17-20 days or so.

After you get the shot they tell you not to TTC for atleast 3 months. Well I just want to tell you that the 3 months will fly right by and before you know it you will be back to TTC. Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->