Mh17

Abz1982

Mum to 2 nutters!
Reaction score
I may have too much time on my hands and PMT, but I keep thinking about it. We have a Russian and Ukrainian national in my office. The Russian lady seems upset about it, but the Ukrainian man just shrugged, but then he is as coarse as they come.

I just get so fed up/upset/despair at what we people keep doing to each other!

I do not believe they 'mistook' it for a spy plane or what ever. I think whoever did it, did it on purpose, and that makes me so angry.
Someone sent me a link, I clicked and it was to picture, UNCENSORED pictures. Not right, not at all. Who does that!

OH will think I am crazy for it but I want to go and light a candle for them at the church tomorrow. I dont know what good it will do, what anything will do. I didnt know anyone on that flight, so why does it upset/hurt to think of it?

This has shaken me up so much. I'm terrified of the repercussions in E Europe, but also so fucking angry that a group of untrained separatists were seemingly able to get hold that sort of weaponry. I just hope whoever made the call also pulled the trigger - it will be a special kind of hell to have to live with that.

It's so awful, it's making me honestly shake with anger. Up to 80 children, and about a 100 leading HIV/AIDS researchers. Fuck, it's just a nightmare. I can't stop thinking about what the parents must have been thinking when the explosion happened (from the sounds of it, they would have fallen unconscious in seconds - hopefully, it was instant), but just knowing that there's nothing you can do to save your babies, even for that tiny moment :cry:

Saying that, I think it was an accident - there was nothing to gain from shooting down a commercial aircraft, and to be found to be doing on purpose would mean absolute devastation for the perpetrators. There seems to be a lot of stupidity and arrogance behind these actions, but I don't think that the consequence was intentional. I wonder whats going to happen next...

Just devastating and I believe things will just go downhill from here on

It is terrifying. I am sorry you saw those pictures.
I think lighting a candle at church is a nice idea. It can't change what happened but it certainly can't hurt.

It's devastating. To think that one stupid persons actions can destroys thousands of lives (not just those who passed but thier families and friends) it just sickens me. The only slight thing that makes it easier to think about was they hopefully wouldn't have known. It wasn't like they were aware something was going to happen so they couldn't feel the terror.

I think lighting a candle is a lovely idea.

I'm really wound up about this. I've become a much more nervous flier since becoming a parent and it really upsets me to think of the parents on the plane who couldn't help their children, through no fault of their own...
I think it could also have really scary wider implications politically which i can't even pretend to understand :nope:

This whole thing is so upsetting. So many innocents killed because of war and terrorism. It makes me sick and angry.

The US did the same thing in 1988 and shot down an Iranian passenger plane by 'mistake'. 290 on board including 60 children. Just awful :(

It's so awful, 2 of the guys on the plane were from not far from where I live, they were on there way to see Newcastle play in New Zealand, it's so sad that they never get to come home, our football teams are rivals and sunderland ( where i live)have raised 12 thousand pounds in 24 hours for their family's x

I dont know what to believe, I hope it was a mistake and they thought they were shooting down a military aircraft but if they targeted civilians who had nothing to do with their war I just cant comprehend why they would do it.

Im worried about the ramifications of this. If it is proven to be Russias doing could we be looking at the first steps towards world war 3? I dont think its that far fetched to think that.

Nearly 300 people gone in seconds. The pictures of the kids luggage wont stop popping into my head. Those poor innocent little souls :(

I dont know what to believe, I hope it was a mistake and they thought they were shooting down a military aircraft but if they targeted civilians who had nothing to do with their war I just cant comprehend why they would do it.

Im worried about the ramifications of this. If it is proven to be Russias doing could we be looking at the first steps towards world war 3? I dont think its that far fetched to think that.

Nearly 300 people gone in seconds. The pictures of the kids luggage wont stop popping into my head. Those poor innocent little souls :(

It's defo not far fetched. Years ago this would have started a war. We have good diplomatic channels though that weren't there back then. I'm not saying it's impossible but the until and the eu were set up for these reasons. It is scary tho, we are pretty close.

Its so heartbreaking. And it is doing my head in when stories are saying *the plane crashed* The plane was shot down to course it to crash. I am a nervous flier and this really puts me off. I dont think i could ever go on a malaysian airline.

It's utterly devastating. I feel so upset that all those people had to go through such fear. I pray it was over for them within a few seconds like they are reporting.

I'm nervous about the ramifications. If we do end up in ww3 then it's going to be a hell of a lot different to the past two given the weapons available. Too terrifying to even consider.

Its just awful so awful. When the initial report came in i thought the Malaysian airline had lost another plane (the first report said it had lost track of it) but now we know whats happened i can't bear to think of it. Those poor people, those poor children :(

The reports are so conflicting but the rammifications can potentially be horrifying. I do think we are on a very very slippery slope with Russia which i find terrifying.

I saw one photo, i've tried to avoid the others, of a toy from toystory and i could barely breathe thinking about the child it must of belonged too :nope: x

I can't even comprehend it, it's just so utterly heartbreaking. I think the worlds gone completely nuts and I too worry about the ramifications :nope:.

Its so heartbreaking. And it is doing my head in when stories are saying *the plane crashed* The plane was shot down to course it to crash. I am a nervous flier and this really puts me off. I dont think i could ever go on a malaysian airline.

I feel SO bad for the airline. They're apparently close to bankruptcy as it is, and they're meant to be fantastic to fly with. I saw that on twitter they're refunding everyone's tickets if they wish to do so; it's really sad to see as this incident was clearly not their fault, and we have still have no idea what happened to MH370. Would be really tough I'd imagine for Malaysians to see their national airline dissolved, but I'm not really sure how they're going to recover from this.

My brother in law was on that flight he is a British citizen but nz resident he left behind my partners sister and her two boys, when I first heard about it I didn't really take too much notice until I logged onto Facebook and there on my sister in law status "rob was on that flight" I immediately started reading the news it took 12 hours to get confirmation he was actually on the plane and watching my partner break into tears.
We both are angry about how the whole thing was done the way they are treating the bodies and stopping investigations from happening all we want is for rob to come home it bullshit!!!

The whole thing is just awful. no way could it be a mistake as what military plane would be flying at 33k feet...there should have been a complete no fly zone over the area.

And why if it was a mistake have the bodies not been back.

I think it was a targeted attack as now the whole has to get involved.

I truly worry with Russia/Ukraine and Israel/Palastine that WW3 could happen.

What world have I bought my kids into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"