Micah or Liam?

Fallacy

Soon to be mum of 2!
Reaction score
We're having our first little boy pretty soon. It was hard coming up with anything to begin with because all we had decided on was a girl's name - Aria Juliet. Instead, we ended up with a boy. DH and I don't really like most boy names, and those we do like, the other hates. We've finally narrowed it down to these two names, I think.

We're having trouble deciding which to use, though. We were set on Liam since about 16 weeks. We loved it even though we knew it was very popular. Then we started hearing it...everywhere. We can't go to the store without hearing a parent calling their child Liam. As my husband and I both grew up with common names, we didn't want to do that to our child. It doesn't take away from the fact that we DO love the name, though. It also doesn't help that he's already being called Liam by all of the family! I don't know how they'd take it if we were to suddenly change it? :wacko:

Micah, on the other hand, we've loved for years. It was the name we originally planned to use for our first son, but sadly that pregnancy ended in miscarriage. We still love the name today and we also love that it's not too common. (No one we know has the name!) It's a name we've kept going back to over and over through the naming process. We've been teased for liking this name, since almost no one we know has ever heard of it or has heard of someone named it, but that doesn't bother us much - though I wouldn't exactly want him to be teased because of our name choice either. :nope: Either way, we do love this name as well.

Which do you like better? We're having so much trouble deciding after we thought we had it settled! :dohh:

I prefer Liam over Michah. . .Aria is one of our girl names on the short list! :)

I love Liam. Micah is a very solid, masculine name. I love that, too! I know two Micahs personally. I don't think it's too uncommon. Not as common as Liam, though... that's for sure!

I love Micah! I don't think he will be teased at all.

I like Liam. I don't really like Micah, I know it's not a new name but it always sounds made-up to me.

Micah, I love it! Was in our top three for a boy xx

Ah! Seems everyone here is just as divided as I am over it. :haha: I'm starting to wonder if maybe I should just wait until he's here and see which one suits him more? I don't know... Hate being so indecisive! :nope:

Ah! Seems everyone here is just as divided as I am over it. :haha: I'm starting to wonder if maybe I should just wait until he's here and see which one suits him more? I don't know... Hate being so indecisive! :nope:

Might be worth a shot! My niece didn't name her baby until he was 3 days old because she couldn't decide. His name fits him perfectly now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->