Microfibres bad for baby's bum?

Kezzybear

Reaction score
I read somewhere that microfibre should not be directly in contact with babies skin as it can cause rashes. So better to have bamboo or charcoal insert next to babies skin (ie not inside the pocket) is this true?

I think the problem with microfiber is that it is very hard to get clean. Lots of cloth diapering moms avoid it completely for this reason. It hangs on to stink and ammonia, if I am not mistaken.

I find the nicest thing to put next to baby's skin is a fleece liner, as the wet goes through it, but it stays soft and dry feeling on top. This also helps keep the diaper underneath from getting stained and makes for easy spray offs once they get to eating solids. You can make your own fleece liners- just cut them out and lay them in the diaper. I prefer non-pilling Polartec 200 weight fleece, but just about any will work.

Excellent. Thanks for the reply! I'll look into fleece xx

I agree with fleece, and I'm also not a lover of microfibre inserts. Bamboo and cotton are my favourites.

From what I heard MF is bad for skin contact because it causes rashes due to how absorbent it is, leeches all the moisture from the skin, more prone to chaffing etc... And even 5 months into cd'ing I'm finding MF is def not as soft, I wouldn't want it rubbing all day.

From what I heard MF is bad for skin contact because it causes rashes due to how absorbent it is, leeches all the moisture from the skin, more prone to chaffing etc... And even 5 months into cd'ing I'm finding MF is def not as soft, I wouldn't want it rubbing all day.

Yeah I think this is possibly why! Thanks xx

Microfiber is bad for skin contact because it wicks away moisure and thus causes a rash.

I know a lot of mom's are not a fan of microfiber, but I am thus far, never really used anything else in 9 or 10 months of CD, other than hemp once, and a flour sack towel on a couple occasions. It may help that my babe isn't a heavy wetter; I don't double up inserts, but I change her no less than every 2 hours, if not sooner.

Flour sack towels are a great cheap alternative because they are SUPER easy to clean (and can even be thrown in the sanitize option in your washer). Only problem is they can be a bit bulky. I have a pack of 5 but I haven't really had an issue with the microfiber so I'm sticking with that for now.

Microfiber is bad for skin contact because it wicks away moisure and thus causes a rash.

I know a lot of mom's are not a fan of microfiber, but I am thus far, never really used anything else in 9 or 10 months of CD, other than hemp once, and a flour sack towel on a couple occasions. It may help that my babe isn't a heavy wetter; I don't double up inserts, but I change her no less than every 2 hours, if not sooner.

Flour sack towels are a great cheap alternative because they are SUPER easy to clean (and can even be thrown in the sanitize option in your washer). Only problem is they can be a bit bulky. I have a pack of 5 but I haven't really had an issue with the microfiber so I'm sticking with that for now.

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->