Microgynon 30

Webbykinskt

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been on this pill since I was 13 and i'm nearly 20 now. I have been a smoker through most of this time and I've only ever come off the pill for a few months in 7 years. I have been told by a friend that it is a bad idea to stay on this pill if i'm still smoking. Anyone know the truth behind it? I know there is an increased risk of thrombosis on this pill if you smoke but I wondered if there was anything else?

Thanks x

I couldn't tell yes or no but i was on the pill from about 13yrs old till i was 19 as we wanted to try for a baby and 8months later i fell pregnant and i was still smoking when i was on the pill and there's nothing wrong with me.
But i dont remember the nurse saying not to smoke when your on the pill.

I was on this pill between the ages of 16 and 19 and was advised to come off it as I was overweight, smoked and had slightly high blood pressure so was a prime candidate. But the pill they put me on was worse as it gave me awful migraines where my vision would go and you had to to take it the same time everyday or it could fail = I now have a 2 year old :baby:

Thanks for the replies. I might just have a quick word with the nurse at family planning next time and see if there is a risk. If there is, I might move on to cycle tracking and condoms. Don't fancy having problems with a new pill

i dont remember being told not to drink or smoke on it

I don't smoke but I've never heard of anything about that :S they didn't ask me if I smoked or not when I went to be put on it so it can't be that much of a huge risk if they didn't even ask about it?

I'm on it at the mo, and at every check up I get asked whether I smoke, how much I drink, and have my weight and BP checked. I think they ask about smoking because the pill alone has been associated with risks of DVT, and the 2 together (smoking & microgynon) may increase this.

I was on this pill for 15yrs before Anna.

At my post-natal check before being prescribed microgynon 30 again I asked if its ok being on it so long.

I was told fine- unless over 30 and a smoker and being on it so long:flower:

I was on Microygon, every time I had a pill check the Dr asked if I smoked and how much did I drink. I do smoke and haven't noticed anything wrong. Have been off now for almost a yr and periods went back to normal straight away.

i was on it previously and then came off it, conceived my son strait away and then this time been on it 2 months, been 6 months since i came off it.... and my periods are DESTROYED.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->