Microwave vs Electric steraliser

charliebear

Mum to AJ & Pumpkin
Reaction score
Which do you prefer??
Anyone got both/used both??
Which did you find better of the two??

I have a microwave steraliser but I'm thinking of getting an Electric. As its got more space, it'll be faster, i'll be able to put all of the weaning things in too and wont have to run 5 cycles with the microwave one!
Plus the Tommee Tippee one is half price in Boots too. :happydance:

Thanks everyone. :)

I've got both hun and find the electric one so much better! It's the tommee tippee one and it's fantastic - go get it!

I have an avent one and it only takes two mins brill! xxx

I have an electric one........used electric for last two children and have just bought another for when LO arrives....Also have just booked a hotel suite for the five of us for SIL wedding in September and I will be breast feeding but also expressing so I can have a glass or two of champers on the day....We are going up on the Friday afternoon the day before and returning Sunday so the electric version makes more sense for travel!

I've been looking at the electric ones, but this is my first baby so I really have no idea about any of this.

My mum is buying the steriliser for me and she was asking if I wanted a microwave one for when I travel as I've got a couple of things that I need to go away for early next year. Would just the electric one do or they bulky?

Thanks

I have the avent microwave one and I wouldn't change it. It works so fast!

I use electric Avent one (not IQ) and its really quick and does the job wonders - theres summot about not using 'microwaves' to zap the bottles that appeals to me :)

Also have Avent IQ electric bottle warmer which is fantastic and quick

happy shopping :D

xxx

if i dont bf i will be using just the cold water and milton liquid!!

I dont like microwaves at all i dont feel that the rays can be safe-especially not for a tiny baby!! and with my 3rd i had an electric steam sterilizer-i would put it on ,go off and do what i had to do and come back to it a short while later to make the bottles up. He was a very sicky poorly baby but the docs didnt know why. One day i was in the kitchen and put his bottles on-but this day i stayed in the kitchen for a while as i was making a drink-and the sterilizer clicked off within a minute of being switched on.......it didnt even get to the sterilizing cycle!! I took it back to where i brought it and explained what was wrong and i got my money back and brought a cold water one,the other one was sent off to the manufacturer and turns out it had a fault on it causing it to switch straight off again and that is why he was getting sick all the time!!

so now i will only trust the cold water method!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->