Mid 30s and WTT #2 August 2018

MissDoc

Reaction score
Hi there! Anyone else planning to try in late Summer, around August/September? If so, come be my buddy!

I have a 10 month old son who we worked very hard for due to my low ovarian reserve, but with time and patience, got pregnant naturally, and had him without intervention.

We are waiting until he is 15 mos (August) as we'd like him to be at least 2 by the time a sibling arrives. Even though it was a struggle to get pregnant with number one, I have high hopes that #2 will happen!

My cycles have mostly returned to normal even though I'm still nursing my son, and I will start using OPKs this month to get a good idea of my O Day. So crazy to be dipping my toe back into the wild wondrous (woefully frustrating at times) world of TTC!

If you're planning to try around that time, come join me!

Hey! I'm 33 this year and planning to try from October (only because I have a holiday booked for September) this is also number 2 for me and my son is 5 xx

Hello! Well we are practically the same, I have a DS born June 17, and I’ve been thinking that, ideally, I’d like to be pregnant again by Christmas.

I’ll be 36 this summer, and I’ve been thinking I’d like to begin trying in August. Unlike you, we conceived the very first month trying last time. I’d waited a very long time to try, and was fully expecting it to take a while due to my age, but we were very lucky.

The only catch with my plan...I haven’t actually discussed it with my DH yet!! 😂 He knows I want another, and that I’d like them close in age, but not sure he’s expecting quite as close as trying this year!! I’m trying to find the right time to discuss. I’m guessing your OH is on board already?

I’m nearly 36 & we are probably going to try in the spring / summer. It will be my second child and my partners first

Glad to see others on the trying train soon!

BabyCrazy, your son's age is perfect to be a sibling. I bet he'll be a sweet little helper!

BB, wow, we are a lot alike in our goals. Haha! Yeah, my OH is on board. He feels like the sooner we knock out the babies and get out of the "baby fog" as he calls it, the better, lol. So he'd like us to start trying as soon as possible even though he probably has PTSD from when our 10 month old was a newborn, haha. To be fair, our kiddo was a DIFFICULT baby, but is delightful now (albeit needy). OH wants to start in June, but I think if we do it'll be more ntnp until August, when we start trying in earnest.

Sarachka, how exciting! Sounds like you'll be trying VERY soon. How old is your little one, and how long did it take you to get pregnant?

Sarachka, how exciting! Sounds like you'll be trying VERY soon. How old is your little one, and how long did it take you to get pregnant?

Hey! She’s almost 6 & she took 11 cycles to conceive!

Sooo, I been mentioning having a baby a lot over the past week or so, in a jokey way, and he finally asked when I had in mind. I told him August, he said ‘two under two? You must be mad’ but he didn’t say no! 😂

Sooo, I been mentioning having a baby a lot over the past week or so, in a jokey way, and he finally asked when I had in mind. I told him August, he said ‘two under two? You must be mad’ but he didn’t say no! 😂

I guess you'll just have to be mad then :rofl:

Hey! At least he didn't say no. ;-)

I had an OB appointment and she gave me the go ahead to start whenever we're ready. My husband thinks we should start trying in June as he thinks it'll take 6+ months, so our first would be 2+ by the time second baby got here, but my OB said hey, I wouldn't bet on that. It's often half the time or less to get pregnant with the second that it took for the first.

That’s so tricky, you’ll never know until you try! It might be right away, might be a few months, might be more! If we could all know beforehand wouldn’t life be so much easier to plan! X

Amen to that! I wish I had a magic wand and could make that happen! Even though I have no legitimate reason to feel this way, I have a feeling it will happen fast-ish, despite not being that way the first time. No clue where that hopeful attitude is coming from, but I think it'll be 4 cycles or less.

Last time I was on pre pregnancy vitamins for about 10 months before we actually tried. I’d been on oral pill for 17 years and had read the vitamins could help regulate cycles etc so I started them when I came off contraception. I guess I should think about taking them again now, but TTC seems a long way off still, even though it might only be a few months.

I would definitely take them! It takes the egg three months to mature, so your egg three months from now would come from right around now. So it's great to start a few months in advance. How exciting that you're just a few months away from (probably) trying.

Hi ladies! I’m 31 in June and we actually have 4 little ones, but we have decided to try for number 5 later this year! Hubby wants me to learn to drive and I’d like to lose a little weight and get healthy. The complication is that after our third we had a vasectomy, and then ultimately had a reversal, hubby was left with antibodies so it took 20 cycles to conceive our youngest who is now 17 months. So Iv no idea how long it will take to conceive again, if it was up to me we would try now but I don’t want to push hubby when he wants to wait and do things properly xx

Hi Elmo! How exciting that you guys are considering a 5th. What a big wonderful family! Hopefully it doesn't take as many cycles now that there's more time since that vasectomy, although I don't know a lot about how that can affect things. What ages are your other little ones?

I hope it doesn’t too :)

My boys are - almost 10, 7 next month, 5, and 17 months. It’s a full house but we love it xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->