Mid December Bump Buddy wanted

They've said I need a 6 wk scan just the rubbish nhs can't get me in. Hoping that they're a bit better for the rest of it

Just did my blood pressure and it was 130/90 sigh. Sugar is fine but pressure is high now! Grr. Was gonna swim today but was just soooo tired. Def going tmw

Dont mean to be nosey hun, but why would you need a 6 and an 8 week scan? More scans, more risk to the baby?

You check your blood pressure and sugar levels at home? Wow you are good! And swimming!

Puts me to shame as i'm sat here in my jammies with Brooke watching peppa pig :blush:

Well rly I only need a 6 wk, but the 8.5 is the first diabetic clinic appt i can get into. I have PCOS so insulin resistant rather than diabetic rly, just need to be a bit more careful. Also I got preg on a clomid cycle so theres a higher chance of multiples and other general complications.

Had a 6.30am swim this morning, had loads of energy so thought id make use of it. pooped now. not v like me to be a morning person :p

Thank you for the welcome, Foxy Coxy!
So you'd rather wait and have an abdominal scan instead?
I'll be biting my nails (metaphorically speaking of course ha) until May 6th when I have my very first scan, which as far as I know, will probably be a vaginal one :S
Hope you heartburn's gone and you are feeling much better now!

Vaginal ones rly are ok, you just have to not tense up, you sit with your legs just like having a smear. They use a great big long thing but it doesnt go up you that far at all. Ive had some which have been quite pokey, but those were to check ovaries etc. Im sure that they will be gentle as theres a little package in there now.

I had to have a bajillion of them while ttc. Being preg I think we will have to learn the art of having no shame - in the end we'll be with our legs in the air, pooing on the bed, with the DH taping it all :p

Well rly I only need a 6 wk, but the 8.5 is the first diabetic clinic appt i can get into. I have PCOS so insulin resistant rather than diabetic rly, just need to be a bit more careful. Also I got preg on a clomid cycle so theres a higher chance of multiples and other general complications.

Had a 6.30am swim this morning, had loads of energy so thought id make use of it. pooped now. not v like me to be a morning person :p

whoooa 6.30? That is mighty early lol.. well done you!

I see what you mean now, sorry. I haven't been told about any of that and i was diagnosed with pcos 6 years ago, since had Brooke nearly three years ago and never got any extra scans or anything with her :(

I took 4 months of 200mg of clomid before this cycle where i only took 100mg. How does that work that a lower dose would result in preg? I guess it was just my lucky cycle lol.

How do you feel? Do you feel like you have more than one baby growing in there? I have a strange feeling that i do :nope:

Thank you for the welcome, Foxy Coxy!
So you'd rather wait and have an abdominal scan instead?
I'll be biting my nails (metaphorically speaking of course ha) until May 6th when I have my very first scan, which as far as I know, will probably be a vaginal one :S
Hope you heartburn's gone and you are feeling much better now!

Feeling ok now thanks hun, got lots of cramps going on at the mo so gonna watch eastenders then have a bath. How you feeling today?

I didn't realise they give you a vaginal scan if it's an early, i assumed it would be a normal abdominal ultrasound, which is why i wondered if it was only two weeks apart.

Good luck for the 6th May hun! Feels so far away but it'll be here before you know it. I'm still waiting for my appointment. Said it would come through the post. How did you get yours?

Vaginal ones rly are ok, you just have to not tense up, you sit with your legs just like having a smear. They use a great big long thing but it doesnt go up you that far at all. Ive had some which have been quite pokey, but those were to check ovaries etc. Im sure that they will be gentle as theres a little package in there now.

I had to have a bajillion of them while ttc. Being preg I think we will have to learn the art of having no shame - in the end we'll be with our legs in the air, pooing on the bed, with the DH taping it all :p

I got the wrong end of the stick, i thought you meant an abdominal scan. I've had a few vaginal ones too... not the nicest things in the world and they really do swing it about in there. Hope they are gentle and don't disturb your bubba.
So do you know how long they would do a vaginal one then start the abdominal ones? ie. vaginal up to 8 weeks then ab from then on?

Oh and i will kill my OH if he even brings the camera into the room with him let alone catching me bearing down on it lol.. can you imagine sticking that film on with all the family round?
"Oh and this is the bit where they had to cut me open as the baby's head was too big" :dohh: i would die of embarressment :lol:

Gawd 200mg?! I went totally insane on 100mg! Well done for surviving. They rly should have monitored you on that dose (if they didnt) as theres a real chance of over stimulation on anything 150 and over.

I rly dont trust my body to tell me anything any more tbh so I dont even want to guess about multiples. All the preg symptoms I had every other month which drove me insane and resulted in a BFN then this cycle seemed like a total washout and it was a BFP! Does not make sense.

I think it would be quite nice to have a video memory of the day, maybe not exactly the moment of the birth, and theres no way I would show it around, but its a special thing to do and not something youre gonna do that often. Also, I would kill DH if he was fiddling with camera while I was pushing out his sprog :p

There was a thread on here recently asking what did you wish you did looking back on your pregnancy/birth. Loads of ppl said they wished theyd taken more photos etc as babies change so much in even weeks.

Hey, just found these guys who are in Bristol and Bath, they offer early scans from 6 weeks £49

https://www.thebabyskanstudio.com/Early Viability Scan.html

I want OH to film the birth of ours but not like the actual icky bit just like my face etc. I would love to have the moment we meet our son/daughter on film forever. Be lovely :') My OH likes to think of himself as a bit of a comedian so no doubt I'll have to edit 'bits' out if ya get what I mean lol.

Hi Everyone sorry not been around been worried about cramps I am getting and had a tiny bit of spotting. The spotting was a tiny amount durinig an hour one evening but the cramps last night were really quite fierce and in my side. They have gone this morning though. My first appointment is on 16th May which is when I will be 10 weeks gone. Due on 13th December. Quite an early first scan I thought but looking forward to seeing something on the screen. Hope you are all feeling well today.

I think that cramps in your side are quite normal - things are moving about. NHS direct says that sharp pains in the centre accompanied with bleeding (ie bright red) are the ones to worry about.

Ive had loads of cramps, usually when Im sat weird or driving or something, so I think its just my pelvis doing something.

Hi Ladies

I'm due 10th Dec with my first. Is there room for one more in your mid Dec bump circle?

Rachel

x

hi

my dates been bumped to dec 20th, have some scan pics in my journal if youre interested, not much to see, but thats my kid!

Hello Ladies, can I join too? I am due 11th December, this is my second baby :)

Hi Pingu,

Welcome, my due date is 10th Dec is you believe online or 11th Dec according the the midwife's little wheel.

How you feeling?

x

Hi Pingu,

Welcome, my due date is 10th Dec is you believe online or 11th Dec according the the midwife's little wheel.

How you feeling?

x

Hello :flower:

I thought I was due the 3rd but an early scan last week put me back to the 11th December. I am feeling much better than I have, I had a very bad couple of weeks with nausea. I am always sooo tired though. How are you feeling? x

Hello Ladies, can I join too? I am due 11th December, this is my second baby :)

Hi hun

Congrats :thumbup:

How's it going so far? How old is your first? My little girl is 3 in July.

I swear my jeans are tight already :blush: can't believe i'd be this bloated.

Had my first midwife booking in appointment today, took just over an hour and took all my bloods there and then.

Have you seen your midwife yet? xx

I had my first MW appt at 8w3d, on May 3rd, just got my 1st scan date today it will be 31st may and I'll be 12w3d.

So excited by seems miles away!

You are 6 days closer than i am lol...

How you feeling now hun? I have had no ms, or anything. Boobs are killing me but that's it. If it wasn't for me boobs i dont feel preggy. Strange but is so different from my first, i am loving it lol.

I'm just really tired most of the time, have MS on and off but only actually been ill a couple of times. Boobs were really tender a few weeks ago but got a lot better now. Have had to go bra shopping though, have gone up 2 cup sizes already!!! :-0

lol.. i know the feeling. I'm up 2 sizes aswell.

I am absolutely shattered at the mo. I remember with Brooke as soon as i hit 14 weeks it was like i had a new lease of life and had loads of energy. Roll on the next 5 weeks.... :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->