Mid-May buddies!

Danny congrats to you as well! Arturia, so happy you had the birth you wanted :)

Sonny, although I don't have a phobia of being sick, I get nauseous super easily, so not looking forward to that part either.

Also totally jealous of you ladies too! Lol 2 days away from my DD now. I have an appointment on Monday which I'm sure I'll need, and the dr is supposed to discuss my options for delivering next week. I feel like she's "promised" me, lol so there will likely be tears if she tells me just to wait! I think baby's size is scaring me too, let's get her out before she's a 12-pounder please!!

Anyone else close and fed up who is especially cranky and emotional? I feel bad for my husband, but I'm just a JOY to be around these days. I'm restless, but don't have the energy/will to actually do anything which irritates me and I get cranky lol. Sigh!

Wow bam bam bam all these babies born in a row!! Huge congrats Danny!!!

Amanda although I'm not as close as you guys I am now a week farther than any of my other pregnancies. So I'm feeling restless and impatient. Analyzing every single Braxton hicks. We even had a tornado warning yesterday and all I could think was "hmm I've heard people go into labor during storms"
I can't sleep at night and I'm just so frustrated bc I don't want to be off work too long and it's getting so hard to do things with my toddlers right now and I just want to be back to normal and have my baby here! My husband has always guessed it will be Mother's Day which is Sunday. I guess we will see. I'm headed to the dr now, hoping for at least a little progress and encouragement.
Sonny anything new today?

I just lost my muscus plug! Or at least some of it.. honestly the first real sign I've had that something may be happening down there! I know it doesn't mean a huge amount but hopefully my body is thinking about doing something..!

Yay that's very exciting sonny!
I'm dilated to a 2, and my cervix is super soft. She said she thinks I would dilate if he would drop but after the first baby they usually don't drop until labor. So still a waiting game but she said my cervix is ready.

Hopefully things progress soon lanet.
They don't check here for dilation but I am having a sweep at my appt next sat so i imagine she can give me some indication of how things are looking in there!

Yay for more babies!! Hope everyone else is getting close as well :). I can't believe no one else at the hospital had a vaginal delivery Dannypop. Crazy how different healthcare is.

So my story.... On Tuesday, I took my toddler to preschool and came home. Started to clean and would get random, painful contractions. Nothing close together so didn't think too much of it. I went and got him at 2 pm. I ran by my parents because I didn't think I could take care of him. My contractions were like 10-15 minutes apart. I asked my Mom to take me home and I got things together then sat in the bath tub. I lasted like 5 minutes in the bath and I immediately had every 2 minute contractions. My husband luckily got home right then and we did the 30 minutes to the hospital (AWFUL!!!!). I showed up complete with bulging water and delivered within 20 minutes. He had decels with pushing so the midwife stretched me causing a 2nd degree tear. It hasn't been too bad though and I just wanted him out at that point. I knew there was something very wrong. We are at home and hoping my milk comes all the way in!! Night times are hard. I have been pretty shocked by the afterpains this time. Holy crap the pain!! The second time the afterpains are worse than labor for me.

Wow that happened so fast! So were your earlier contractions similar to Braxton hicks or could you tell they were different that day? That is crazy that you were the only vaginal delivery! I was so lucky to deliver my twins vaginally. Some drs insist on c section for twins but mine didn't!

Lanet, I think at the beginning it was like braxton hicks but then they got way more painful but not consistent. I was sort of in denial. That's awesome you got to deliver your twins vaginally. It has to be easier to recover with 2 babies that way. I was referencing dannypop being the only vaginal delivery. I should've put the name but forgot as I'm so tired haha.

Sonny any news or more symptoms after the plug?

Nothing exciting :'( I've had an absoloutely tonne of discharge today, I'm about my 4th pair of underwear! Still avoiding the dreaded pads ha! But def discharge and not waters, I've been keeping an eye on it. And I've got a bit of stomach cramp this eve but it's hard to know if it's anything labour related or more digestive! I do tend to get stomach ache after dinner these days, my digestive system is very unhappy with me!

Sigh. I'm feeling super fed up now. Babies movements are completely out of any pattern, so I spend half my day debating I've felt enough movement, which is getting me down.. she is moving and some parts of the day absoloutely loads but she's lost any sense of the pattern she used to have :( but as she is moving, there seems no reason to contact anyone about it..!

Any news from you guys?

That is frustrating. I'm feeling down today. Pregnancy is just very hard for me and this one even more so bc it was unexpected and I wasn't prepared. I'm finding it hard to be patient and I feel like I will truly be pregnant forever and never go into labor. I know it's silly, but I can't help feeling that today.
My baby doesn't move as much but definitely still has active times. I've read that they do sleep more at this point.

:hugs: Lanet. I can't imagine being so pregnant with 3 young kids. I hope you go into labor soon!

Harrison didn't move as much at the end but Henry never changed his movements. Harrison scared me a lot and I even got one BPP to check on him.

Postpartum is hard! I was in tears a lot yesterday because a lactation consultant decided to scare me that Harrison hadn't pooped since the hospital. My toddler wants me to pick him up all the time and I am not allowed to.

The first week is kind of scary. Trying to keep up with my physical needs AND her physical needs is demanding. I'm sure I'm not eating enough or drinking enough and I haven't managed to fit 8h sleep in a single day (although I've managed to get more today than previously) and my baby runs cold so she has to be kept very warm and I'm not even sure she's peeing enough. Plus the baby blues struck today and I'm upset that I can't sleep next to my husband right now. (she's too fussy at night)

:hugs: Arturia. This is hard!! She just needs pees around the number of days of life she is. I definitely haven't come close to 8 hours of sleep. I probably only get a few spaced out throughout the whole night. Is your husband working now? I sleep with mine because he helps out some when I've just had enough.

Holy cow I'm so excited for those of you who've delivered. Congratulations on what sounds like AWESOME birth experiences so far.

I'm really jealous. I think I'm a "slow and steady" laborer, because my mucus plug came out 2+ weeks ago, I've had off and on spotting, cramping, and intermittent contractions that always die off after a while. I've been at 3cm for quite some time. I've had false labor the past 3 nights, so I've only slept maybe 3 hours a night, and I'm dead on my feet at work. I feel like I've used up all of my physical and emotional energy on all this false labor-- it makes me want to cry! Especially because we have a game plan of a pain med free labor with a doula (at a hospital though)-- I know I'll need energy for that! Even sleep meds don't help me sleep through the false labor. Seriously hoping this kid comes soon or either lets me get a night of sleep to be rested for him. If he's not here by the 25th my doctor is inducing... which I really really really don't want.

Fingers crossed the rest of us ladies get this show on the road soon!

Sonny I read your update on another thread, how frustrating that they would check you when you went in. I really hope it starts for you soon, or maybe it has? It sounds like you're right on the brink!
Amanda any news?
Arturia, the first week is a big adjustment but you will soon get in a routine and get a sense of normalcy back.

Things appear to moving for me albeit slowly! I've been having painful but not unbearable contractions on a regular 5-6 minute basis since 6am. I've also had some minor bleeding and non stop pink discharge a day. They told me to go in for a quick check given the blood and they agreed to check progression thankfully! Sadly sounds like very early days.. cervix is super soft but tucked behind babies head so she couldn't get a good handle on dilation :( I don't know much about what the cervix is meant to do in labour but I assume move forwards so they can reach it?!

Ever since the examination, the contractions appear to have got stronger though, so fingers crossed I keep moving forwards! I get the impression this might be a slog though.. can't imagine I'll get much sleep at this current pain level :(

On the positive, due to the movement issues with baby, they have booked me in for induction on Friday should I need it! I don't want to be induced if I can help it but overall I feel it's best as the doctors agree she isn't behaving with movement!

Sonny my cervix stays very posterior like that even while I'm the hospital after my waters broke and dilated to 3. They can barely reach it. My ob said that's some peoples anatomy. I assume it does move forward eventually.
I don't think there's any way you will go until Friday! So exciting that something is happening. I'm going to guess you have a baby in less than 24 hours!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->