Mid-May buddies!

My nausea was getting worse, but then I started taking a 1/2 unisom at bedtime and 25 mg b6 3 times a day. I feel much better now.

Holy nausea, batman! I had experienced mild to moderate nausea pretty much from the beginning, but these past couple of days it has turned up to a very intense level. And it is allll daayyy llllong. On the one hand, it feels like awesome confirmation of a strong pregnancy, but on the other, it is so insanely disruptive to daily life and I just feel awful. If I didn't work it would be easier, but being around people and "on" all day while feeling terrible isn't fun.

I'm looking forward to my Tuesday morning scan though. It'll be nice to take another look at this teeny little gummy bear that's causing me so much illness!

I know it sucks!!!! But I am also so relieved cause it indicates that it's a strong pregnancy. If it weren't for that I would be so much more sorry for myself.

My goodness, it just hangs around like a second skin and every time I eat and feel relief, it soon turns into gas and bloating and more nausea. Lying down thankfully helps but guess what ...

... I lost my job due to my company's budget issues (I am a freelance Art Director and they had to cut out all their freelancers) and this was supposed to take effect as of the end of October, so I went out and got a whole load of potential new clients and now my editor has nagged our company to keep me on till the end of the year. And all the potential new clients are giving me work! So now I have 4 times the workload when there I was thinking I could sleep away the first trimester! It's wonderful but also ... egh ... :wacko:

My scan is also on Tuesday MissDoc hooray!

butternut - that is good news that you haven't experienced any more bleeding. when will your appointment be next week?

moonstar - yes this wait is treacherous! how was your scan today? My scan is not until Oct 4 (that will be around 8 weeks), so trying to pass the time till then. My last miscarriage was around 10 weeks, so I will be feeling a lot better if things are looking okay for the 12-week ultrasound.

fingers crossed for all of us!

happy friday everyone!

my scan went great. the baby's measuring at 7 weeks 4 days, heartbeat was at 155bpm. :) i had a bit of spotting the night before though, so i'm now on 2-week leave from work. this is the farthest we've gone, we didn't get to see the heartbeat the last 2 pregnancies. i really hope everything will go smoothly from here on out.

i don't mind if i get nausea all day long as long as my baby's ok. :)

Dannypop, what an awesome blessing that you get to work through the end of the year (great to stockpile some cash!), but I feel you on how it would be so nice to be hanging at home for this first trimester. Lol.

Hope your scan tomorrow is absolutely glorious!

Moonstar, that's great you had a good scan! Did they see anything to explain the spotting?

MissDoc and Dannypop, I hope your scans go well!

I had some spotting last week and had an ultrasound at 6w1d. Baby's heartbeat was 120 and measuring perfectly. I have a followup next week. They saw a small SCH.

Moon how utterly fabulous!

Jenzy that is so great that there is a SCH to explain away the bleeding. That's such a relief!

Missdoc yipeee for tomorrow and our scans! And you are SO right I do feel completely blessed to be stockpiling some cash. I worked like crazy today but it was from home so I could moan and pretend to dry heave every few minutes in private (I don't feel like I am going to be sick but the nausea is so bad it feels like I should at least be making the appropriate sound effects) ha!

Is anyone else really struggling with their emotions? I'm on the verge of tears (or flat out crying) pretty much constantly. I can't wait till my emotions get under control. I must be driving my husband insane, but he's being an absolute blessing and taking such good care of me.

I've cried at pretty stupid things recently but not too often. I've noticed I do get irritable a lot easier than normal though. It usually takes a lot to irritate me but lately every little thing gets on my nerves! My hubbs just laughs at me.

Yes Butternut that was me with my last pregnancy. My DH and I have blocked out my behaviour over that time!!! I remember when DS2 was born DH was like, "Oh . My. Word. We are never having another kid again!" Even though we both knew we wanted a 3rd, I don't think he could handle the thought of another me like that again. So far I've been OK but yes the emotions do come over sometimes out of nowhere.

Had my scan this morning! Doc was so, so happy with everything and said I am exactly 7w+1 which is what I thought according to when I O'd (blood tests confirmed this so was easy to pinpoint) I didn't get to hear the heartbeat as he said they now don't like to do so this early as you need a higher frequency doppler which is not the best thing for the baby to be exposed to unnecessarily -it's basically just for the parents to get that wonderful feeling. So he just measured the heartbeat which was 140BPM. So all in all the perfect morning. Now to face the nausea head on!

Yes Butternut that was me with my last pregnancy. My DH and I have blocked out my behaviour over that time!!! I remember when DS2 was born DH was like, "Oh . My. Word. We are never having another kid again!" Even though we both knew we wanted a 3rd, I don't think he could handle the thought of another me like that again. So far I've been OK but yes the emotions do come over sometimes out of nowhere.

Had my scan this morning! Doc was so, so happy with everything and said I am exactly 7w+1 which is what I thought according to when I O'd (blood tests confirmed this so was easy to pinpoint) I didn't get to hear the heartbeat as he said they now don't like to do so this early as you need a higher frequency doppler which is not the best thing for the baby to be exposed to unnecessarily -it's basically just for the parents to get that wonderful feeling. So he just measured the heartbeat which was 140BPM. So all in all the perfect morning. Now to face the nausea head on!

Yay for a great scan!

Dannypop, yay for a glorious scan! Mine went well too! I am 6 weeks 4 days (and very certain of it, and last week the measurements were on track) but today he's measuring a few days ahead. Growing fast! Saw and heard the heartbeat at 130bpm. Not bad at not-yet 7 weeks. So happy that all looks well. I'm on cloud 9. Other than the nausea, which is intense today!

Yay Miss doc! Clever little baby growing so beautifully. Hope you are managing with the nausea. It really is a bugger.

Thank heavens today I feel much better -I would be panicking that the queasyness has eased off today but luckily have had my scan so know all is in order so far. I managed to spend the whole morning on my couch so that really did help with how I feel. I know tomorrow it will be back with full force I'm sure.

Now time to fetch the boys from school and then hit the gym (gross)!! Planning on gymming 3 times a week until about 36 weeks like I did with DS1 & 2. It is such a battle but it does help make me feel like I am keeping healthy and circulated!

How is everyone??

Ive gotten sick in my mouth twice and its only 7am.. Its going to be a bad day

I wish I could bring myself to hit the gym! I know my doc said I'm okay to run but I'm just so scared. I ran the last two pregnancies that I had losses with so this time around I am taking zero chances. I'm such a paranoid freak.... :(

Sorry you are feeling so bad Mississippi. It is almost your next scan, right?

Im in tomorrow just before noon. Havent felt much worry over it. Itll be good to just know.
I got into the midwives. They wanted me to go in monday but im back to work that day so I asked to go after thanksgiving. But I got my midwife that delivered my son so im super happy about that.. And then one other lady

Just had my first scan!! I've one healthy baby with a strong heart beat. My estimated dates were also exactly the same as theirs, still due May 12th. I cried throughout all the measurements being taken because I was just so overwhelmed and happy.

ninjapanda, i wish i could hit the gym too. i was one of those women who said - when i get pregnant i'll still stay active, travel blah blah. and bam, 2 miscarriages later and i'm trying to be still as a statue. :p to be fair, i was prescribed 2-week leave from work because i spotted a bit at 7 weeks.

dannypop, i'm a bit nervous too as the nausea has eased off today, not completely, but i definitely feel much better. i'll be having another scan in a couple of days, hopefully the little bugger will be right there at 8 weeks give or take 2 days.

butternutbabe, that's wonderful to hear! my due date is may 11, so close to yours. :) and the earliest i could give birth without the baby being premature is april 20th. :) so happy for you.

Im in tomorrow just before noon. Havent felt much worry over it. Itll be good to just know.
I got into the midwives. They wanted me to go in monday but im back to work that day so I asked to go after thanksgiving. But I got my midwife that delivered my son so im super happy about that.. And then one other lady

Hope your scan goes great today! That's great you got who you want as a midwife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->