Middle name help

Sarahs85

Pregnant with 1st baby
Reaction score
We have finally chosen the name Emilia for a girl if we have one. The problem is a middle name. I really wanted to use a family name becuase we are using one for a boy but the only persons name I would consider using is my grandma, whose name is Jennie. I dont think that Emilia Jennie Spada sounds very good??! :dohh: But maybe I am crazy. What are your thoughts??

I was thinking of a short form like Jen, Jenna/Jena, Jane (same meaning different name), or even Jennifer. What does everyone think?!?! Do those names sound weird as a middle name as well?!?!

I think Emilia Jenna and Emilia Jennifer sound good :thumbup:

I love middle names with family connections, all my children have family names as middle names :flower:

If you aren't sure, is there another name that would remind you of your grandmother? For example, we may use Rose as a middle name in honor of my grandmother who was known for her beautiful roses (as I don't care for her name as it is too old fashioned). It just doesn't sound like you are crazy for your grandma's name, but there could be another way to honor her.

does your grandma not have a middle name?

or you can do what we did and combine two names, examples:

Lilly and Ann - Lilian
Audrey and Jean - Audrean
Michael and Jonah - mikah
Elisabeth and Teresa - Elisa
Sophie and Virginia - Sonia

No middle name for my grandma! LOL she claims she doesn't have one, but she probably just forgot lol. Jennie is kind of a hard name to combine too.

I do like the idea of Rose though. My grandma's favorite flower has always been the rose, she always had roses in her house. One of my little cousins has the middle name Rose already though...

all these use the nnie or nie of Jennie:

Annie
Bonnie
Connie
Ebonie
Leonie
Marnie
Minnie
Nieve
Shanie
Sydnie
Winnie

theres probably loads more to

No middle name for my grandma! LOL she claims she doesn't have one, but she probably just forgot lol. Jennie is kind of a hard name to combine too.

I do like the idea of Rose though. My grandma's favorite flower has always been the rose, she always had roses in her house. One of my little cousins has the middle name Rose already though...

I don't think it's a big deal at all to use the same middle name as a family member.

I like Emilia Jane.. to me a one silible middle goes well with a three silible first.

Yes I agree with a one syllable middle name as well!

The problem with the mixture middle names is its the "nie" in Jennie that I don't like lol. Thats why I was thinking, Jen, Jenna, etc.. but hubby doesn't like those names either.

And no I don't think its a huge problem if baby has the same middle name as another child in the family...

I think its between Jane and Rose now! Hubby hated every other version of Jennie lol

Thanks for your help everyone :)

I don't think it's a big deal at all to use the same middle name as a family member.

I also don't think its a big deal, especially when it is a middle name. In fact, I have had this idea for years if I had a little girl. Then my uncle did the same thing when he had my cousin (who is now 17). It won't stop me as I know both my cousin and my uncle know I am honoring a great woman and not just "name stealing."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->