Midweek wedding?

x_WelshGirl_x

1boy, 1girl, 1 angel baby
Reaction score
Hi ladies, first time posting in this part of the forum. OH and I have been together 8 years this year, engaged for 7 and a half. We were due to get married in 2010 but due to unfortunate circumstances cancelled.
We were thinking about getting married abroad but OH's dad can't get a passport as he is too ill to fly so that's out of the question. The place we were going to have our reception (I absolutely love this place) are doing a midweek package, the wedding breakfast including drinks for 60 guests, chair covers and sashes, evening buffet with chocolate fountain for 100 guestd and resident dj for £4000 which is good I think, it would be other stuff which would hike up the price. I told OH and I don't think he's keen as he said people would have to take 2 days off work and not many people would come. But I dont care whether people would have to take time off work or didnt come, the most important people would be there in my opinion, why should we think about that when it's our day and people could go back home earlier if they had to.

So if you had a midweek wedding did people turn up or had trouble getting time off work?

i got married on a thursday, and as you said all the important people managed to get the time off! a couple of dh's uncles bitched about taking time off but mil told them off lol. at the end of the day it is MUCH cheaper and as long as the most important people can make it that is the main thing. good luck!

Another thing you have to think about with a midweek wedding is do your guests have school age children? Especially with the rules around taking time off becoming more strict.

we are getting married on a Monday in August, there were no Saturday or Friday dates left during the summer of 2015 at our chosen venue.

At first my OH was a bit worried about it being on a Monday because people would have to take time off work until I pointed out to him that we went to a destination wedding (along with every other guest!) last year and took a WEEK off work.
I know my family will come as will his so thats all that matters to us! we saved £1000 doing it this way and the hotel is also £100 cheaper sun-thurs so we are already benefiting from our choice.

I got married on a friday evening and I had many guests not come due to not being able to get off work or school. Most of the important people that I really WANTED there were there but then there were quite a few who could not.

Something else that was frustrating was that I had many people RSVP yes and then not show up due to things coming up with school and work. I wasted a good chunk of money on that happening.

Now my wedding was amazing and I wouldn't change anything about it but its just something you should think about!

My best friend got married on a Monday and most people turned up. There were a few no shows for the evening reception but not that anyone would have noticed. Like you say, the people who matter to you won't think twice about booking a day or two off work for your big day!

X

We're getting married midweek and every single person we invited is attending. We have invited children but made it clear that we understood if parents chose not to bring them (or could not attend themselves because of them) but they are all coming.

We specifically wanted midweek, but there is the added bonus of it being cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->