midwife and doctor?

tatsNflowers

Reaction score
I need to know if I can have a midwife and an OB for maternity care. Then after a home birth can I take my baby to their pediatrician for vitamin k shots and to check for jaundice and everything else? A midwife isn't a widely "approved" birth method in Oklahoma, USA. But I don't want another hospital birth. It was way too hectic and I think it made my labor stall to where they told me (no option) they were going to give me an epidural and pitocin. And THEN they broke my water. I couldn't get 30 minutes of rest after my son was born because they were in out in out in out. The only thing I liked was the security of being there if something was wrong. My son had jaundice so we were there for 4 more days after he was born. They also ruined my breastfeeding by giving me a nipple shield to help me supplement. They insisted I let them take him to the nursery. Where later I found out they were giving him bottles and pacifiers. And my family kept coming in and they don't like breastfeeding. By the end of the four days we were there he was already not wanting to breastfeed at all. LET'S JUST SAY my first birth experience wasn't what I wanted at all. So I want to do my dream home birth naturally but with medical help from a doctor for me during pregnancy and my baby during pregnancy and after birth. I want it MY way. Can I do that?!

I'd say call your insurance and see what they will cover. One of my friends recently gave birth and had both. She did the home birth but took the baby to the hospital to get checked out. At first her insurance said they'd cover $4000 of the cost of the midwife but towards the end of the pregnancy changed their minds! Luckily she had a great midwife that didn't charge her anything for her services since the insurance co were such buttholes

I'd say call your insurance and see what they will cover. One of my friends recently gave birth and had both. She did the home birth but took the baby to the hospital to get checked out. At first her insurance said they'd cover $4000 of the cost of the midwife but towards the end of the pregnancy changed their minds! Luckily she had a great midwife that didn't charge her anything for her services since the insurance co were such buttholes

Wow! That is really crappy of them! Im terrified of the midwife thing just because no one does it around here. I would be the only one I know who even thought about it.

I guess I don't really understan what they do. But I do know a lot of ladies use them. I'm scared something could go wrong so I didn't think twice about using an ob/gyn but everyone's preferences are different and do what you want to do. I'm in Texas and people here use midwives. If people look down on you that's their own problem and are probably too opiniated anyways imo. Also for the breastfeeding thing: no one in my family has ever breastfed either, but I have 100% intentions of doing it. Don't let what other people think sway you from what you believe is the right thing to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->