midwife appointment

cla

Reaction score
i have got my first midwife appointment on friday and i was just wondering what to expect, i will be 5 +3 days preg. this is my second child but it was neally 9 years ago so i cant remember.:thumbup:

don't know what to expect, but just wanted to wish you luck! I only ever had a first appointment after about 10 weeks, so don't know!

Well I have had my first midwife appointment today. She explained to me that this appointment would only be about 10 mins long & that we would need to arrange another apointment for 2 weeks time which would be an hour. This is standard practice in my area, it may well be different for where you are.

Basicly, i got a bounty pack which feels very heavy. I havent had chance to read it yet as I had to go straight back to work. She wanted me to do a urine sample but I'd already been to the loo before hand so she just gave me a container to do one in for the next apointment.

She asked when my last period was, worked out my EDD, asked my nationality & that of my family. She weighed me, took my blood preasure & took samples of blood.

She explained what screanings they can offer me & my child, all volentrary if i want & when the scans would be.

She then asked if i had any questions & i didnt so i was ok to go.

thanks for your replys. thats what i thought that i might be in and out because im not that far gone yet. congrats to you both:happydance:

Hi there, mine was about 5 weeks 5 days and lasted about 1 hour. Basically filling in the huge form of medical history etc, working out dates, and going through what would happen next etc.

Very useful, got the bounty pack and all the literature to read through.

Hope this helps! Oh, and she asked about DH's family medical history too - I was lucky, had mine with me, so make sure you know stuff just in case!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->