Midwife came to do sweep but....

Kayleigh09

Reaction score
When she started she told me that was cervix is completely closed, long and thick. not what i really wanted to hear seeing as i'm 41 weeks now :(

I spent a good two hours crying as i really felt like i was close but now it seems i am nowhere near. I really wanna meet my baby now and i am totally ready for her to come but it seems my body isnt.

I'm booked in to be induced next thursday and i'm really hoping i dont make it to that date. However, i am really worried because my mum was induced at 42 weeks and her cervix just would dilate, it did a tiny amount so they could break her waters but in the end i got distressed and she had to have a section. So hoping history is not gonna repeat itself...

:hugs: I know how your feel hun I was sure I was gonna have this baby this week, went for my sweep on Monday and my Cervix is the same :cry: I was sooo upset as like you Im now thinking my body is nowhere near ready for labour! Ive had 2 naturally before this one though and every body is different ive learnt that even though its not ready now the labour process can make you ready very quickly, try and stay positive and like me if you can the more sex you can get in the better! xxx

Thankyou for your replies :) i just hope my body is different to my mums and prepares itself very fast!! one of my friends had quite a quick labour last week, was her third, the two before that were slower so here's hoping it could still happen before thursday!! :)

Good luck to you Sarah xx

Thanks hun you too! there is no reason to think your body is anything like your moms! Positive Mental Attitude! I could do with some of that too :lol: :dust: :dust: xxx

Hi hun,
just wanted to add hugs, had the same thing happen yesterday!
Fingers crossed baby comes naturally over the weekend :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->