Midwife checks and my matb1 etc........when and how often pls

born2bamum

v happily married
Reaction score
Well i did a self referral to my hospital as didn't have great experiences with my local hospital. i therefore have no local midwife care. I've been told i can visit the hospital as and when i want to see a midwife, but not sure how often i should go. Im 22 wks tomorrow but i haven't seen a midwife since sixteen weeks and i don't have a matb1 card so i can get my prescriptions or dental care free etc. i had my scan the other day but other that. that's all i have had booked until Feb. when do i need to go and what for is it just blood pressure, fetal heart monitor and pee check?

Thanks a lot.

I had an appointment at 17 weeks and I don't see her again until I'm 25 weeks. It isn't till then that you see them a little more often.

I will get my matb1 form at my 25 week appointment but got my forms for free dental care at my 10 week appointment. X x

My midwife apts were scheduled for:

18 weeks and 25 weeks and then more often from then on

Im presuming I will get my MAT form at my 25 week one xx

You don't need your matb1 to get free dental/prescriptions the midwife sends something off the correct department and you get sent your exemption cert in the post. I'd chase this up as I got mine a week after having my booking in appointment at 9 weeks.
I had a 16 week check and my next one I will be 22/23 weeks so if I were you I'd be going for a check up. :)

If it's your second or more, baby then after the 16 week appt you won't be seen till week 28. Matb1 has nothing to do with presriptions- you need to request that from your gp.you get it at your 28 weeks check up x

28 week check is for bloods and measuring bump I think.after that you don't get seen until 36 weeks x

Thanks ladies. i normally give birth before 36 wks so that will be why Im having a consultant check at 34 weeks (early feb) so really all i need is a check now at say 24 wks 30 wks and then at the 34 weeks and hopefully beyond.

Thanks again.

I didn't get my exemption form until my 17 week appointment :/ and even then I had to ASK my midwife for it. It took 3 weeks to come back with my exemption card.

I'm hoping to get my MatB1 form when I see her next Wednesday :)

I think you see me once every 4 weeks or so after 25 weeks :shrug: if you look in your maternity file there should be like a list of what appointments you get and at how many weeks... I got one anyway, but my folder is downstairs and I cba to go get it haha.

XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"