Midwife didnt turn up!!!

S

sahmkjsky

Afternoon Girls

Sooo I had my 20 week scn at the hospital yesterday and today at 10am I had my first midwife appt at a local nursery place, well I turned up at ten minutes to and sat there and waited and wiated then the receptionist said she would call the midwife at 10.25am - well it was just an answerphone so she didnt even turn up for the session - I was the only woman sat there! I creid when I left as i feel really let down by this hospital
NORTH MIDDLESEX HOSPITAL
Its awful there every time I have been in there have been rude midwives and everyone is a foreigner! I know that sounds bad but I DONT want to ring my child into the world on a ward where no one really cares, or has a bad atidude etc
I have left 2 messages for the midwife to call me to explain why she didnt turn up but now I am freaking out as I havent had a urine sample or blood test done since I was 13 weeks what if something is wrong??!!
What shall I do??

:hug: aww hun im sorry they sound rubbish! Is there another midwife you can have in your area? maybe talk to your gp and see if there any other options because you shouldnt have just been left there without an expliation or even a curtisoy call to say she couldnt make it! xx

:hug:
I would definitely speak to your GP and find out what your options are. There may be another midwife unit you could go to, possibly even from a different hospital. Definitely worth a try anyway - good luck! x

Well I got a call and she apologised but its too late I have already filled out a referal form for another hospital as the one I go to - North Middlesex is HORRIBLE, bad attitude from staff, dirty etc so have applied for Whittington Hospital in Highate

Hey hon, sorry you had that trouble. Is that hospital in Park Royal? Just to let you know I'm at Northwick park (yes, yes I know their reputation) but I can not fault them in any way so far. I've seen the midwife three times, a consultant and had two scans all before 22 weeks!!!! I can't say a bad word, every appointment is made quickly and the maternity ward has just been done up (I have yet to see the wards mind you), the midwives, doctors and nurses are mostly from different countries but they could not be nicer. I also have a friend at Hillingdon who says they are very good and Queen Charlottes in Ealing. Can you change to one of them????? You can still change up until 36 weeks apparently. x

Hi
I changed my hospital after been spoken to with a lack of respect by a consultant, the hospital i was under had a bad rep anyway for poor anti-natal care im am so glad ive moved now got my last appointment there this tues and then cant wait to see the back of the place, you have a right to chose were you want to go xx

No its North Middlesex Hospital - Horrible and not the best reputation

I used to go to N Middx hospital - not for pg stuff but for counselling - and I hated every minute of being there.

There was some kind of mother and baby group, mostly attended by Turkish (I think) people, so I felt like a huge outsider as I was the only English-speaking person. Feeling vulnerable because of my reason for being there didn't help.

But while I didn't actually have a problem with this, the receptionists obviously did: they would loudly slag off these women, knowing they wouldn't be understood, and I could hear every word they were saying. It was shameful.

And the doc I saw meant well (I think!) but handled my situation in the worst way possible and actually made me feel worse than I had done before I set foot in the place.

Move hospitals!!!

If you don't like the Whittington in Highgate, there's always the Ridgeway clinic at Chase Farm... It's midwife led and not bad at all. Or is Edgware birthcentre near you at all? It's half an hour away for me but they take people from quite far away I think and it's meant to be lovely - I'm going there on Friday for a meet and greet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->