Midwife-led?

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
Anyone else going midwife led?

I did last time and I've been ok'd by my consultant to at least try for it. My only complication last time was a little anaemia which was easy enough to control. I'm hoping for the same as last time, so I wondered if anyone else was aiming for the same?

Me!! We have 2 brand new birthing centres just opened. One openedabout 18 months ago and is attatched t th main hospital so if there is any complications your only down the corridor. The other opened last month but is a stand alone one so would have to be transferred by ambulance but its a lot closer to where I live. (5 min drive rather than 20min)

I'm hoping to use either one of these as they both look lovely, and have pools in every room which I really want as had such a good experience last time :thumbup:

xx

Yes and would always choose it over an obstetric unit! Mine's also just above the main delivery unit if there are any problems. I've had two lovely births in the birth centre and definitely want that again for number 5!

We're planning our homebirth with a midwife. It is so much more personal! Less intervention is best :thumbup:

Im going midwife led birth unit! And its my first! eek! It's one floor above the maternity ward so if anything goes wrong we're not far away - not sure how great the facilities are but Im looking forward to it anyway

I really want to go to our local one (even more so after the visit yesterday) but MW says due to previous EMCS its not possible. I'm not happy though as dd2 was born VBAC and I had no intervention or pain relief at all so I know my body can do it.
Its something I try to bring up with MW each appointment but she's not really supportive of it. Which frustrates me alot and honestly impacts on our relationship.

Every birth here is midwife led unless you have complications or a reason for consultant care. Our hospital has a midwife led birthing centre within it, so you get sent there first and if you want epis or need induction/help etc you go down the hall to the labour ward. There are also a few midwife led birthing centres within 40miles (classed as local here lol) so its pretty much midwife led! Can't fault them!

I had a Midwifery led homebirth with ds2 and will again if pregnancy and baby are healthy.

Im going midwife led birth unit! And its my first! eek! It's one floor above the maternity ward so if anything goes wrong we're not far away - not sure how great the facilities are but Im looking forward to it anyway

I did with my first and it was fantastic and that's why I'm so happy I'm allowed to this time! :happydance: The facilities are so nice. I've heard it described on here as like going to a hotel to give birth lol. You have your own room and facilities, to use for as long as you need, and then you don't have to clean up the mess lol. Definitely my first choice.

Thanks for the all the replies ladies. I know a lot of people don't really know about the MLBUs that are available, and more are opening all the time (the one at NNUH where I'm going only opened in the summer) so I really do wax lyrical to try to get people to consider them! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->