Midwife

Frankie

Reaction score
What is yours like?

I have seen mine twice and both times she has been 20 minutes late in getting to the surgery, she gave me the wrong time for the last lot of aquanatal classes and on Thursday she had 3 others in helping her with the surgery so I felt I could not have that 1 to 1 interaction with her

Mine is really good, I always go in to my appointments quite quick and she is so patient with all my questions. Last appointment I had questions about my scan measurements and she sat there explained them all to me and if they were all OK and then called up to ask about the ones she didn't know about. Phoned me back the same day and put my mind at rest. I have no complaints so far!

Mine is really good, I always go in to my appointments quite quick and she is so patient with all my questions. Last appointment I had questions about my scan measurements and she sat there explained them all to me and if they were all OK and then called up to ask about the ones she didn't know about. Phoned me back the same day and put my mind at rest. I have no complaints so far!

Hmmm sounds like you have a decent one i just feel she rushed me i didnt even get a MATB1 form which others have got at this time

I like my midwife as its the same one I had with Caitlin, shes nice and friendly.

My midwifes are community midwifes and they come out to the house to see me coz the surgery is on a Tuesday morning and I can't make it with being at work so I always get a 1 on 1 interaction.

Not sure if you will have community midwifes hun, but maybe try exlaing to your midwife that you don't feel your getting enough attention kind of thing :hug:

I have seen my midwife once at my booking in. My 2 weekly appointments are with my GP. I shall see my midwife again at 36 weeks but thats it.

Hmmm sounds like you have a decent one i just feel she rushed me i didnt even get a MATB1 form which others have got at this time

She should have asked you this, I just got mine today. Go to your doctors surgery and tell them that you don't have one, or phone your midwife and tell her you don't have one

She should have asked you this, I just got mine today. Go to your doctors surgery and tell them that you don't have one, or phone your midwife and tell her you don't have one
Think im going to see about changing over to a different midwife

i wanna get pregnant again hehe to see mine i thought she was great lol

Mine's ok, I prefer to see her at the surgery though as she tends to be more on time. When she's come to my house she's been up to 45 mins late.
Can't say I've really bonded with her though, nothing to dislike and she's nice and everything but don't feel I connect at all?

If your not happy with her hun then do it, theres nothing worse tahn feeling like you can't talk to her when she's supposed to be there for you to talk to anytime :hug:

Couldnt tell you as I still aint met her. I met midwives well 2 but they say they are not my midwife. Oh and I spoke to one on the phone by chance one day but dont know who she was.

Oh I had to ask for that lol

I posted about mine the other week ..
Both times i have been now have had a stand in midwife , She is rubbish rushed us in and out in 5 mins flat , Was not intrested in what i thought or had to say .. And told me i didnt have to see her again untill xmas , That appointment was in September lol . x .

I really didn't get on with my mw so i swapped to a different 1 at a different srgery and i'm glad i did, my care is at the hospital but she still stay in touch and gives me appointments so she can keep an eye on me. If you aren't happy and you don't feel you can put up with her till lo is born then i reccommend getting a new 1.

If your not happy with her hun then do it, theres nothing worse tahn feeling like you can't talk to her when she's supposed to be there for you to talk to anytime :hug:

Agreed! i didnt tell her about the aquanatal classes and she laughed it off but working and taking time out to go and attend and it being at the wrong time is a bit annoying

I really didn't get on with my mw so i swapped to a different 1 at a different srgery and i'm glad i did, my care is at the hospital but she still stay in touch and gives me appointments so she can keep an eye on me. If you aren't happy and you don't feel you can put up with her till lo is born then i reccommend getting a new 1.

Well im hoping to move South in a month or 2 so i will look into changing down there

i dont think i ever saw the same midwife twice when i was preggers with Lil, but they were all really nice and apart from the odd student it was quite easy to talk about whatever.

Whenever I have an appointment at the hospital I always come out more confused than when I went in. Im hoping Ill have more luck at my GP appointments

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->