migraine - anyone else suffer.....?

loopdido

Mum to 2
Reaction score
Hi

I've just come back from a weeks holiday - all day thursday i was in bed with a horrible migraine. i sometimes get these at ovulation or start of AF - and funnily enough if i hadn't been pregnant thursday would have been my next ovulation!!!!

Anyway - just wondered if anyone else suffered them and what they did to relieve them seeing as you can't take migraine medication!:dohh:

It came on Wednesday night and lasted til Friday morning, all i did was :sleep: when I could and every time i got up i felt like I was going to be sick!:hissy:

hope i don't get any more!

Hey, I suffer from them but I have the more rare types that mean I almost always end up in hospital when I do get one because they think I'm having a brain haemmorhage or a stroke (!) I get them probably once every 2 years and when I do, I'm literally crippled and cannot move. I'm supposed to take around special prescribed medication with me whereever I go because as I said if I get one, that's it, I'm stuck for hours. No one knows what causes them with me because they are so rare they can't be attributed to my periods or hormones or anything like that. They are the worst pain I have ever experienced in all my life and I would never ever wish them upon anyone. It's like being in hell. To be honest the only thing I can do when I get one is pop the pills, get in bed, shut the curtains, put on some sunglasses, make sure there is not one single sound in the whole house and try to sleep. Nothing else works! And god forbid if I get one during this pregnancy :( I really hope you can take something for it. x

I get migraines on a fairly regular basis - or at least, I did. Mine usually came with my periods (stress induced). I have had a migarine snce becoming pregnant though. The only thing that has ever worked for me (medication helps a bit, but doesn't do too much) is sleep. Sometimes this is impractical, for example when one is at work. If you can't keep going, go home and have a sleep.

I've had a fair few since getting pregnant but it's more just visual disturbances rather than the painful headaches - I just find my vision goes all strange and I have blind spots. All I can do is try and sleep and hope it gets better. Hate them though as make me feel so sick :(

I ususally get migraines just b4 my period and just around ovulation as well.....good luck for me I haven't had any for about 4 weeks thank God....looked at my meds yesterday and hoped I'd never get to the point of using them till :baby: is born.... if I do though, I guess I'd have to use some Panadol and get some sleep

sleeping didn't seem to help mine, I had it from wednesday night to Friday morning, and had spent the while day in bed sleeping on and off. Please don't let me get another til I can take the stong meds again! lol.

i have suffered from migraines since i was 12ish years old. They are horrid especially when you cant take your normal meds. I have had two since being pregnant but normally i only get around 3 a year if that but they stop me in my tracks and i cant do anything, usually because of the blindness!! After i had my first baby i had a cluster of them too i can only think it is the hormones etc going daft inside us... but i pray i dont get anymore during this pregnancy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->