Migraines and low blood pressure

ashybug

Pregnant with #1!
Reaction score
The nurse at my last appointment seemed a little concerned about my blood pressure. She said to be very careful with standing up in case I pass out.:wacko: Yesterday is was 91/62!

I have also had migraines every day that last until I go to bed. They seem to get worse the more I stand up from sitting, which I figure is due to the blood pressure...

So I'm wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this? If so, is there anything that helps? Is this something I should be concerned about?

Try drinking a lot more water. I used to feel so faint standing up when pregnant with my son, I walked into the hospital one day saying I couldn't get to work because I was so faint. My bp wasn't as bad it just happened when I stood but I was told to drink a lot more to help.

I always have super low blood pressure. If I am in the 90's / 60's it's a good day. And I get migraines from it too. Some things I do to help are:

-make sure I get some salt, it increases blood volume and can help keep pressure up
-eat small meal frequently, a big meal takes a lot of blood to digest keeping it out of you head causing symptoms
-lay down with feet elevated a few times a day, this helps the blood get to my upper body
-pump my calves, then thighs several times each before standing, this gets the blood moving to your upper body
-avoid siting or standing in one position for too long
-walking, this keep everything pumping and for me it helps a lot. I get super dizzy standing in lines and sometime literally march in place. It look ridiculous but it works. And I always feel better after a walk.

Good luck!

I have normally low blood pressure. 90/60 with a heart rate of 56. It has caused me to faint already a couple of times during pregnancy. Before pregnancy I was told my a cardiologist and internal med doc to increase my salt intake to help retain fluid which will help with dizzy feelings. I was also told not to eat too much refined sugar as it increases blood pressure than drops it quickly and dizzy spells happen.
Well since the pregnancy I cannot take in salt without a migraine happening in under 30 mins so that's a no go.
I am drinking LOT (you lose lots of water) and drinking Gatorade. I could not eat anything but carbs in the beginning I had a lot of nausea and refused meds.. so I found if I ate every 1.5-2 hours it also helped to regulate blood sugars etc. The dizzy feelings are def not bad if I stick to eating every two hours and drinking every hour or less. Im no doc tho...
Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->