Migraines-so bad-what can i take?!

Tattybear2706

Reaction score
Hi ladies.

I was on a preventative medication called 'topiramate/topamax but came off it for ivf.
My migraines are now hitting about every 3 days. Today ive spent all day in bed crying in pain! I took about 6 cocodamol so far and not much help!!!

I need a preventative, does anyone know of anything thats safe?

I phoned my doctors surgery this morning in tears and asked for a doctor call back! They never called me back even after chasing them at 2pm to be told im on the list and will get a call! I never did :,(

Im going to book in tomorrow and try and get a same day appointment, i cant cope like this!

Not sure if this works but 1 of my friends posted it on Facebook might be worth a try?

https://www.examiner.com/article/remedies-for-headaches-you-may-not-know-about

Did you give it a try? I saw this on my friend's Facebook page too, and was curious about it but haven't yet tried it.

Also, I see that you're about 8 weeks now, and that's when my migraines were their worst that I've had this pregnancy. From about 8-10 weeks, I was battling them every few days and they would last a couple days too, so it was pretty constant. I know it's an awful experience :( You could also research acupressure points that relieve some pain, and ask your DH to rub them (or you can do it yourself, but I found that for me to relax and focus on breathing and being calm during it helped most). I think the skin between the thumb and index finger is one, and something about the toes...but I can't remember, so best to ask Dr. Google :haha: I caved and took Tylenol, plus a baby aspirin, and a small amount of a caffeinated beverage (kind of like a lighter version of the mix in Excedrin), then laid down with an icepack and took a nap when I was at my worst. Definitely not the most safe and natural approach, but it helped. Haven't had any this week - fingers x'd they stay away and yours go away too! :hugs:

Dunno if you have a schedule that would allow for this, but I've had one migraine since I've gotten pregnant, and I took 2 Benadryl and drank an entire can of Coke. It knocked me out, but the migraine went away in about half the time.

Did you give it a try? I saw this on my friend's Facebook page too, and was curious about it but haven't yet tried it.

Also, I see that you're about 8 weeks now, and that's when my migraines were their worst that I've had this pregnancy. From about 8-10 weeks, I was battling them every few days and they would last a couple days too, so it was pretty constant. I know it's an awful experience :( You could also research acupressure points that relieve some pain, and ask your DH to rub them (or you can do it yourself, but I found that for me to relax and focus on breathing and being calm during it helped most). I think the skin between the thumb and index finger is one, and something about the toes...but I can't remember, so best to ask Dr. Google :haha: I caved and took Tylenol, plus a baby aspirin, and a small amount of a caffeinated beverage (kind of like a lighter version of the mix in Excedrin), then laid down with an icepack and took a nap when I was at my worst. Definitely not the most safe and natural approach, but it helped. Haven't had any this week - fingers x'd they stay away and yours go away too! :hugs:

Hi,

I went to bed so didn't try it. I will next though straight away! ive managed to get a doctors appt at 4:20 today so will see what doctors says. Thank you so much for replying xxx

Dunno if you have a schedule that would allow for this, but I've had one migraine since I've gotten pregnant, and I took 2 Benadryl and drank an entire can of Coke. It knocked me out, but the migraine went away in about half the time.

Hi, is benadryl a cough mixture? Ive only ever the a non drowsy version of it? xx

Doctor has prescribed me 80mg slow release propranolol. Im scared to take it in case i have a miscarriage cos of it but cant live like this :(

I was advised by a neurologist to try caffeine, sugar and rest in my first pregnancy and it helped - not as much as my usual migraine pills would but definitely more than I thought it would.

Hi, is benadryl a cough mixture? Ive only ever the a non drowsy version of it? xx

I took the pill form. It wasn't non-drowsy, but I would imagine the non drowsy would be acceptable...

First of all Im sorry. I am having the same migraine issue currently i am 11 and 1. The migraines are constant peppermint oil helps but not enough I've taken tylenol as there is nothing else i can do and i have to be somewhat functional. I will def. research the acupressure point info. Im interested to know what helps you. Good luck!

You need amytriptaline. Perfectly safe in pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->