Migraines

Wishx

Reaction score
I'm just curious if anyone else gets bad migraines?
My doctor thinks it could be something to be concerned about. I have been averaging 1 bad migraine a week. They're having me check my blood pressure during it to see what comes up. They're literally so bad to the point I'm in the bathroom sick.
I know they can be common in your first trimester but has anyone had them carry through to the second?

I'm sorry you have these :( I am no stranger to them either. They are horrible and pregnancy makes it worse since you can't take anything to help. I got them pretty frequent in my first trimester but they defenitly slowed down in the second. I'm starting to sense when they are coming. My head feels off and I'm kinda dizzy and my heart races. Try to avoid dairy that is a big trigger for me. I switched to lactaic milk and that made a little difference in their frequency. Otherwise try to rest when you have one. Maybe a cold cloth on your head. ( I have a bag of peas in my freezer specifically for my head lol) hope you feel better soon!

I had them between 12 and 14 weeks my first pregnancy. This time around, they started about 14 weeks and lasted until 19 weeks. They would come on quick, cause nausea, light sensitivity, etc. Really awful. I mentioned it to my ob and she said theyre actually pretty common until around 20 weeks. Sure enough, they cleared up by that point. Hopefully, you feel better soon...they are terrible!!!!

I'm almost 16 weeks so im realllyy hoping they go soon :p I'm starting to get them less frequent.. They came on pretty strong around 12-13 weeks to the point i could tell it was happening days before i got one and it would linger as a dull headache for a day or two.
Last night i was worried i was getting one so i went to lay down after i had dinner and gladly it was just a small headache. I find for me i have to have a cold cloth on my forehead and neck and then attempt to sleep through the night with them lol If im standing its all bad and i'll definitly be sick.
Fingers crossed they're gone in the next few weeks!

I'm just curious if anyone else gets bad migraines?
My doctor thinks it could be something to be concerned about. I have been averaging 1 bad migraine a week. They're having me check my blood pressure during it to see what comes up. They're literally so bad to the point I'm in the bathroom sick.
I know they can be common in your first trimester but has anyone had them carry through to the second?

Hi hun... I had one just this past weekend actually and I did get them quite often in the first trimester. I noticed that wrapping a scarf tight around my head and applying ice to the area seemed to make it feel better. I mentioned them to my doc and he didn't seemed concerned although as this pregnancy progesses it seems he doesn't worry about much. I hope you start to feel better.

I get them tri 1. They went away but came back last week. I was so miserableeeeeee. Luckily a couple placebo effect coffees (decaf) got rid of them

SO bad! I asked my doctor about them and he said take tylenol and drink caffeine to get them to go away. If that doesn't help he said I should see a neurologist because it might be something more serious. So far the tylenol and caffeine has helped. He did tell me the max i could take in a day was like 2800 mg, but that sometimes when people have bad fevers they give them up to 4000 mg. Basically said take as much as needed and try to take it easy.

I just hope they go away soon!

I'm trying to avoid the use of Tylenol. I'm hoping I won't get any more and that it was just a caffeine withdrawal so we will see!

I had them in the early 2nd trimester both times. 16-18 weeks with my first, 10-16 weeks with this pregnancy. Absolutely horrible. When I didn't have a migraine I had a headache allll day every day. My GP actually said I was the first pregnant person he had seen where migraines get worse in pregnancy (I don't usually get them) not better. This thread makes me think he might be wrong....

I hope they get better for you soon!

I'm prone to them. For some reason my mother and I get them pretty strong.
My past few have just been a normal headache and not bad but I'm skeptical if they will go away fully

I get them occasionally but I have a history of migraines before becoming pregnant. They are also not as severe or as frequent now. Your dr is right to do some tests. I hope you get some answersa and relief soon. I know what hell it can be 😔

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->