MIL/Grandparent support thread

MizzDeeDee

I know it all.. ask me!
Reaction score
Hi guys-

There seems to be a lot of lovely ladies on here that have issues with their MILs and/or their parents. There also isn't a really good place for support on here. I thought I would ATTEMPT to offer a place where women could talk about their problems instead of venting them on their family.. or even worse, their
in-laws or parents.

So come here with your concerns/issues and/or problems you have with your MILs and/or parents.

We can all support each other by just listening, understanding, giving advice if asked, or giving a different perspective.

I'll start off by posting an amusing news article about a MIL from hell:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...law-hell-sends-email-bride-Heidi-Withers.html

Hope to see you guys here!

Crikey that article is shocking!! The poor poor girl :-(

I love a good MIL rant, bring them on girls!! Having avoided mine recently I've not got any good ones at the mo, but don't get me started on my nan in law - on the subject of our upcoming wedding she was overheard coming out with such gems as 'god knows what she'll turn up in' (that's me, the BRIDE!), 'she's got things in her ears you know' - yes I have a couple of peircings, and 'oh well, at least they seem happy' - clearly disappointed in her golden boy grandsons choice of wife. When it comes to LO, as soon as she sees him she demands 'put him on the floor then and let's see what he can do' - I'm sure she thinks he's some kind of performing monkey.

HAHAHA.. performing monkey.

My MIL got to see LO yesterday.. not with me, OH brought her over, but he read them a list of rules as soon as he got there. Rules like- we are the parents.. .and- if you make plans with LO don't stand her up... because that needs to be said, right?

Found these things online.... thought they were amusing.

https://www.parenting.com/article/10-mother-in-law-horror-stories

https://blogs.babble.com/strollerde...rror-stories-round-up-our-readers-speak-back/

Edit:

I saw this one to about how to get ALONG with your MIL.
https://blogs.babble.com/strollerderby/2011/09/22/5-things-a-daughter-in-law-should-never-do/

Great thread :thumbup: Lets all support each other and offer kind, non-judgemental advice :flower: I will be returning xxx

What a great thread! Wish it was around during my pregnancy ... Great to know there is place to come for advice and any future issues ...

I'll take my seat ;) hiiiii!

When I was 8month pg my dh's nan told me my bum was as big as my bump.

Hi!!

I defiantly have a monster in law...
A very long story cut as short as I can.
When my oh was growing up his parents treated him like crap and his dad beat him up, but didntnt go near his sisters or other brother so from day 1 I didn't like them, but I hid it well.

We were together 7 months when I got pregnant with Zane, they didn't even say congratulations but she thought she could then try to push my oh into us getting married before he was born...I didn't want to so she instantly from that second started to hate me.

We got married when Zane was 5 months old, they paid cuz they wanted us married, wish I hasn't let them get involved....she took over and even invited my husbands ex, I was fuming n she just didn't seem to get it.

They never bothered with Zane unless we spent money we didn't have to go to them, they are in Scotland I'm in the midlands. When they did see Zane they weren't even that nice to
him.

Fast forward 2 yrs november 2010 my oh died. We were in Germany so his parents were coming to visit anyway and got her the day after he died.
They ignored Zane even when he was trying to play with them, they didn't even hug him. She was rude to my family.
I was organising the funeral and the bitch didn't talk to me but she went behind my back trying to change things. I knew exactly what my oh wanted so I was doing just that, she wanted things doing that only she wanted. The vicar then told her no u can't change things, talk to kimberley(me)
She made the wake a party for her n her mates to just get drunk like she did to our wedding reception. I was ignored.

Since the funeral she's seen Zane twice and only saw Corey when he was 2 weeks old, he's now 6 months old. I'm a single mum n I don't drive n she expected me to travel up to her even tho she can afford to come to us and takes 6 holidays a yr for herself...she had a week off n didn't see the boys, she's now planning to go new York to see a friend for a week but when she's seen the boys it's been for 4 hours, if that.

I've missed out so much of what that woman's done to us, god I hate her!
So yes that's my I laws...aren't I lucky lol

I have an Italian MIL who lives downstairs and detests me for stealing her darling son. I think I'll be here a lot!

Nicely done, Mizz :winkwink:

Afraid that I am a member of the club too.

Any support/help/advice/shoulder that I can offer is there willingly. Hope you are all well, ladies :flower:

Although my MIL isn't as terrible as many of the MIL's I hear about on here, she still drives me insane...so I'll joining this group as well ;)

Moomin - you're MIL sounds horrible! She can go spend a week with a friend, but can't see the boys for more than a few hours, that's a pity :nope: I'm sorry about your OH :hugs:

Moomin - you're MIL sounds horrible! She can go spend a week with a friend, but can't see the boys for more than a few hours, that's a pity :nope: I'm sorry about your OH :hugs:

I'd be here all day if I listed every nasty thing that woman has done, so I won't even start lol

Thanks

I actually got my bfp with Corey a week after my oh died and my mils reaction was oh right....them when I said he's a miracle she said it might be in afew months.

Hi!!

Nan in laws are evil. OHs nan always goes on about weight (OH and I are both pleasantly plump lol)

OH rang her the other night, mentioned that we'd just had tea, an she turned around straight away an said 'oh, I bet you had chips didn't you?'

I wouldn't mind but I'm a pretty good cook and enjoy making us nice, healthy meals, so I took it rather personally!!

I'd be here all day if I listed every nasty thing that woman has done, so I won't even start lol

Thanks

I actually got my bfp with Corey a week after my oh died and my mils reaction was oh right....them when I said he's a miracle she said it might be in afew months.

:hugs:

WOW. How ugly are your in-laws? I DON'T get how you can treat one child so much differently then another.

My mother works with someone that actually worked with OH's mother. Knew she had two sons.. didn't even know about my OH or that she had three children. She literally NEVER talked about him at all.. just the other two.

I haven't told him that because I know it would hurt him more... but everytime I think about it I just shake my head. I don't get what makes a parent treat one child so poorly and the others so much better.

:hugs: to you again Moomin... bet you're glad you see them!!!!

Thanks

:hugs:

WOW. How ugly are your in-laws? I DON'T get how you can treat one child so much differently then another.
My mother works with someone that actually worked with OH's mother. Knew she had two sons.. didn't even know about my OH or that she had three children. She literally NEVER talked about him at all.. just the other two.

I haven't told him that because I know it would hurt him more... but everytime I think about it I just shake my head. I don't get what makes a parent treat one child so poorly and the others so much better.

:hugs: to you again Moomin... bet you're glad you see them!!!!

My sisters mil is a tw@t she had 2 sons. My bil has been working since he was 16 in the same job, he's now 30. He does so much for his mum n yet his brother is a waste of space druggie who doesn't work n yet his parents buy him everything!
Sisters mil got a free Xbox n knew my bil wanted one, so instead of giving it to him she sold it n I've been told today she system bought the druggie a ps3:dohh:

I wish I never had to see my mil again but I'm trying to keep her in the boys life do they have a connection to their dad....even tho god knows how that's his mother seen as he was so much better then those people

Hi!!

Nan in laws are evil. OHs nan always goes on about weight (OH and I are both pleasantly plump lol)

OH rang her the other night, mentioned that we'd just had tea, an she turned around straight away an said 'oh, I bet you had chips didn't you?'

I wouldn't mind but I'm a pretty good cook and enjoy making us nice, healthy meals, so I took it rather personally!!

:hugs: To Tori and Pixie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->