MIL problems

jobee2222

Reaction score
Well this is just a bit of a whinge really. The other day i found out my baby was breech and i would be having a c-section in just under 2 weeks. Major disappointment for me but hey i'll get over it. So anyway was with OH yesterday lying in bed just talking when his mum comes in to talk to him about our video camera she bought for us (she gave us the money we chose it). Apparently video camera isnt good enough, it doesnt take pictures - we need to take it back and get a new one. (And who is this for exactly i want to ask?). So OH always aiming to please his mother starts packing it up, when she eventually leaves the room (not before askinhg me if the baby is being active, which i respond to and say yes she is) he see's something is wrong cos i am all quiet. He asks if its cos i dnt want to change the video camera and i say yes because we both have very good digital camera's the point of the video camera was to make VIDEOS. By this time he breaks down going you and my mum wind me up. So we have a lil argument cos he feels me and his mum are talking through him and that when his mum asks about the baby being active it means she wants to feel the baby blah blah. So i tell him that if thats the case how can he be angry at me i'm no sherlock and if she isnt direct with me how am i supposed to understand (baby was asleep at the time she asked anyway!). So i tell him if he was going to angry cos i didnt understand what she was saying if she's trying to say things in a roundabout way it shouldnt be with me. Eventually he says its true and he's sorry. So we talk about what else is bothering him and he admits the hospital andall the visitors scenario is bothering him. So i say we will come up with a plan, him and my mum for the day c-section(monday), his mum the next day and the rest of vistors on the wednesday. Fair right? But then his mum tells him she is going to the hospital the day of the c-section (you what?) he tells her she wnt be going in to the room to see me, but she says she is going to the hospital anyway. errrr its winding me up how she doesnt take no for an answer, like everything was her choice to make. Any advice girls before i runaway and have this baby in some remote island where no one can reach me least of all her?

Ahhhhhh i just told everyone i wasnt telling them when i was going in and that i wasnt having ANY visitors.. they will get a text and we will see them when we get home :blush: think i was pretty blunt but i couldnt be bothered with it!! Just leave it if she wants to go then fine but make it clear that she will NOT be seeing your baby and NOT be seeing you she can sit in the corridoor if she wishes!! Its my FIL thats the problem :lol: so i told him that i would be telling the people at the door that i didnt want him in ha ha ha ha!!

Awww u can join 'I hate my MIL club' if you like?
She sounds just like mine, i have band her from the hospital and i have told my midwife i dont want her there.. Also i got my OH calling her when its ok for her to come and visit as i dont want her turning up when we just get home.. My OH was always trying to please his mum but when i said that if people are visiting and wont leave how you meant to bond with your daughter, we have to get to know her as well, and then he stood up to her more and she look we want time alone as a family.. Just have another chat with him

good luck xx

Don't know what to suggest hun. We have no family locally, so don't have this problem at all. Perhaps the remote island idea is the best after all!!!:rofl:

Well im thinking at the moment weather or not to have visitors when i go in.Coz my MIL and SIL is doing my head in.I might when i go in to hospital say to them at the reception desk that i dont want any visitors if they turn up can you turn them away.Will see plently of people anyway when we get home from the hospital.

i've noticed quite a few of us are having the MIL at hospital problem... Maybe we should all get together and come up with a way of telling them not to go to the hospital and to give us pregnant women a bit of breathing space?

There is NO WAY I'd have my MIL at the hospital and I have a great relationship with her!!! I dont even want my own Mum there!!!! It's about me and my hubby - I'm not even having my daughter there or my sister and I was with her when her son was born.

It's up to the woman giving birth - END OF. Your OH needs to understand that too.

x

I totally agree with Mervs Mum! My mum and sister were with me when i had Ella but this time its just me and OH, no one else. I think my mum was a bit upset but tbh i really dont care. Not in a nasty way but i want to share it with just my OH and no one else this time. So i am banning everyone!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->