Mild dyskaryosis and colposcopy...

minkysouth1

Reaction score
I am a little worried this month. My latest smear results came back a couple of days ago with 'minor Mild Dyskaryosis' (abnormal cells), so I have to go and have a cervical examination in January to check that all is ok (a colposcopy). The letter states that this procedure can be carried out if I am pregnant, but any treatments I might need following the examination would have to wait till afterwards. I can't help feeling a bit anxious whatever happens with baby-making this month. I had a result with borderline changes 6 months ago, but I was told this shouldn't stop me TTC so we just got on with our 'mission'. This one seems slightly worse rather than better.

Another spanner in the TTC works and a scary one at that, though the treatments seem to be fairly straightforward and effective. The fact that the health professionals are on the case means that it won't be able to develop into something nasty, will it???

Minky X

I have discovered that I am pregnant too. Has anyone had a colposcopy while they were expecting? It adds another element of worry though I am delighted that we have a baby on the way.

Minky x

Don't know sorry hon. Didn't wana readnrun. I'm fretting about my upcoming smear which is booked for the 13th... it's my 3rd in a row 6 months apart cos it was abnormal the last times. If it's still abnormal I'll be sent for colposcopy as well. And we've been ttc since OH's VR in May so hope it's ok...

Oh and CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy :)

Thanks tallybee

Mine is tomorrow and I'm pooing my pants about it. I haven't even had the chance to tell my doctor I'm preggo so they'll be surprised when I announce it at the colposcopy. Pregnancy apparently doesn't stop them doing the procedure, but would stop them treating it. Hoping for good news - couldn't bear 8 months of worry!

Forgot to send you some :dust:. The nurse who did my last smear told me it shouldn't stop us TTC so I took her at her word. :haha: In fact, it's taken us a year to get here so I don't want this to screw everything up! X

I had my colposcopy today and it wasn't anything like as bad as I thought - less uncomfortable than a smear, though it was weird seeing my cervix on camera.

Anyhow, it went well and the consultant said that my cervix looks healthy and I've got nothing to worry about. :happydance::happydance::happydance:
I just have to have a repeat smear when my baby is 3 months to check that nothing has changed, but I am sooooo happy and relieved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->