mile stones..

B

brookesmumma

I had my baby girl at 22 weeks, in august.. and i was wondering whether ALL of her mile stones will be the same to other non premature 5 month olds?:flow:
xx

Hi there

Everybody's baby develops (hits milestones) at different times - and premature babies even more so. Some are extra-delayed due to health issues and hit milestones later than their corrected age (such as my Andrew); some hit them as per their corrected age; and some start catching up and hit them between corrected & actual age.

Congrats on your little one hun. 22 weeks is very very rare!
Marleysgirl is right.
Feel free to introduce your little girl on our VIP thread, im sure you could raise some hope for those in a similar position, and meet our preemies.

Wow, 22 weeks! What a little miracle :)

I agree with Marleysgirl too. And the worst thing you can do is let people compare her to their non-preemies - people seem to love to compare Sophie's actual age to their non-preemies!

Sophie's been pretty much on target for her corrected age I think - she started rolling at just over 5 months, and sitting unsupported at just over 6 months corrected. She's now 7 months corrected and is desperately trying to crawl backwards - but because she's actually 10 months, my sister in law thinks she's later crawling than their LO who started crawling at 8 months (full termer)!! aaarg. Comparisons are not good, lol!

They will all do things in their own good time - I'm just so happy that Sophie is here at all! xxxx

It all depends. Did your daughter have any brain bleeds? If she did there is a bit higher risk for developmental delays, depending on the grade it was...that being said my son was born at 23.4 weeks and had the worst grade of bleed. And had no delays. It all depends.

I think they (the doctors) go by gestational age, being 22 weeks...she may have some delays, but she might not. I wouldn't worry too much, and just enjoy her. As long as she reaches her milestones, it really doesn't matter when in the end, as long as she gets there! I know easier said than done, I had a hard time not worrying myself. But my son is almost two and totally on track.

I think you will have a hard time finding information pertaining to your daughter as 22 weekers are just so rare and amazing!

She will get there!

I hope you will post her story and pictures in the VIP sticky on this board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->