Military Wifeys! (or Fiances/Gf's)

Name: Deb
DH's branch of service: Army, Royal Engineer
Do you have kids already? Only a furby (furry baby - our border collie, Blaze) LOL
Is DH deployed or stateside? Home for once! LOL
Will DH be here for baby's arrival? Hopefully... though the Army likes to screw up yor plans whenever it can!
Stationed: Bassingbourn at the mo, but moving to Gibralter Barracks soon!
How far along are you/due date? 7+1, due 9th December if it sticks!

Ooo you'll be moving near to me :D

Where are you Sammi?

Oh, you ladies might want to remember to be careful to follow OPSEC and PERSEC too since this is a public forum! :D If you don't know what that is, I can explain it to you. :D :hugs: I Love this thread!

Very good reminder :)

Oh and it's awesome to see someone here from Texas!

I am originally from Fredericksburg, born and raised and didn't leave the state til I was 18, I would be there now if it was my choice!!

Aww congrats ladies! Missa, has anyone brought up that your husband may not actually deploy with his unit? I know a couple of girls here that were 8 months preggo when their husbands were supposed to be leaving and they were allowed to stay back until after the birth. I hope this is a possibility with you guys!

Once or twice they have, but it was mentioned to my OH that that would really only happen if there was something life-threatening with me or the baby. So on that note, I don't want to get my hopes up, lol, but fingers crossed

Well I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you too!

Name: donna
oH's branch of service: british army
Do you have kids already? i have a 3 yr old daughter but will be my oh 1st
Is DH deployed or stateside? home, but hes based in another city i chose to stay at home
Will DH be here for baby's arrival? yes1 unless baby comes super quick and cant make it in time lol

How far along are you/due date? am 12 weeks due nov 15th

nice to have a thread for us, will be nice to talk to other millatry wives and gfs

Thank you! I definitely hope he can be here. It's an important moment lol

Name: Veronica
DH's branch of service: Army
Do you have kids already? Nope, this is the first
Is DH deployed or stateside? Basic
Will DH be here for baby's arrival? Who knows? but I sure hope so. So does he. He wants to be the first person to hold his baby.
Stationed: I have no idea, Michigan lol
How far along are you/due date? I'm about 5-6 weeks and I'm due Decemer 24th, YAY Christmas baby lol.

omg! Weve known Im pregnant for 2 weeks today! almost 6 weeks along!! woohoooo

Do you have kids already? Only a furby (furry baby - our border collie, Blaze) LOL
Will DH be here for baby's arrival? Hopefully... though the Army likes to screw up yor plans whenever it can!

Where are you Sammi?

I'll either be moving to Odiham or Church Crookham depending on what places the RAF have available.

Where are you Sammi?

I'll either be moving to Odiham or Church Crookham depending on what places the RAF have available.

Yep, we will be close - we will be posted to Minley and will be living either Yatley or Cove ... poss Church Crookham

Where are you Sammi?

Yep, we will be close - we will be posted to Minley and will be living either Yatley or Cove ... poss Church Crookham

Ooo awesome, I have no idea what to expect moving onto the pad though :S

Sorry can I be included here too? Sorry I'm over in 2nd tri but there isn't anything like this there...

Name: Hannah
DH's branch of service: RAF
Do you have kids already? No, this is our first
Is DH deployed or stateside? Home
Will DH be here for baby's arrival? Yes, hopefully :D
Stationed: Lyneham (think there's another lady here with oh there too)
How far along are you/due date? 21 weeks due 13th Sept

Sorry can I be included here too? Sorry I'm over in 2nd tri but there isn't anything like this there...

Name: Hannah
DH's branch of service: RAF
Do you have kids already? No, this is our first
Is DH deployed or stateside? Home
Will DH be here for baby's arrival? Yes, hopefully :D
Stationed: Lyneham (think there's another lady here with oh there too)
How far along are you/due date? 21 weeks due 13th Sept

More than welcome to join us! It's nice to stick together!

Where are you Sammi?

Have you not lived in a SFA before? Or are you talking about the area? We have been posted to this area before, so know it quite well, let me know if you need any info.

The SFA's in Church Crookham have been upgraded so I hear... so that is good for you if you go there! And it is a nice area.

Where are you Sammi?

Have you not lived in a SFA before? Or are you talking about the area? We have been posted to this area before, so know it quite well, let me know if you need any info.

The SFA's in Church Crookham have been upgraded so I hear... so that is good for you if you go there! And it is a nice area.

Not lived in SFA before, at the moment me and Warren are only engaged but getting married in August. I know Church Crookham roughly from driving though and the area around because of trying to find shops when I've stayed on camp but think it'll be a lot of getting to know places when I first move!

Well... take it from an old Army Wife the RAF SFA's are usually far better than the ones we have to put up with in the Army! But is sometimes hard to get to grips with the whole 'this is where we are telling you to live and this is what you are living in' .... sometimes the houses are nice, sometimes they are truly disgusting... it is the luck of the draw!

Because hubby is a Royal Engineer we move every 2-3 years anyway, so am well used to the packing and unpacking game!

Give me a shout if you need any help... I know our OH are in different arms of the service, but somethings are standard across all arms.

Well... take it from an old Army Wife the RAF SFA's are usually far better than the ones we have to put up with in the Army! But is sometimes hard to get to grips with the whole 'this is where we are telling you to live and this is what you are living in' .... sometimes the houses are nice, sometimes they are truly disgusting... it is the luck of the draw!

Because hubby is a Royal Engineer we move every 2-3 years anyway, so am well used to the packing and unpacking game!

Give me a shout if you need any help... I know our OH are in different arms of the service, but somethings are standard across all arms.

Warren is Army too, just works with a RAF unit.

I know it's luck of the draw as to what you get, but surely they cannot be as bad as some of the places you see on civvi street for stupid money?

Reckon I will be fine with the moving every 2-3 years as I haven't got a strong attachment to my parents house and I've been here 17 years in September and can honestly say I wont miss it!

We moved inot SFA last August and I love it :D (Although hubby is RAF so don't know if housing is different for other forces)
I've got to know a few women on my street which is lovely as we're far away from family/friends.
I feel very safe here and our house is pretty nice

LOL Sammi... you have not seen some of the houses over here... absolutely disgusting... but the houses in Germany... LOVELY... so wish i was back there!

What does your OH do?

Want2... yes housing is at different standards across the arms of service. We are at an ATR at the mo and the housing is rubbish, but when we move to our new posting the housing is much better! Can't wait!

True, but then I've seen some of the council houses round here and I'd rather live in my car lol!

He's a Rad Op.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->