Military Wifeys! (or Fiances/Gf's)

Haha, I've already been warned about them by Warren lol! Are they really that bad?!

Someone at work said to me don't you find it stressful not being able to see him all the time because of duties and I said no as my dad is police officer so I've regularly gone not seeing him for days/week or 2 at a time because of his shifts and either school or work. The only thing I'll find tough is when he goes on tour again :S

Some of them can be Sammi, I have had my fair share of experiences with them. My advice, don't get sucked into their fantasy world of 'my hubby is this and that so I am all powerful'... it is a load of crap, it is their hubby that wears the rank and not them! Having said that as your hubby moves up the ranks there are certain things expected of you... but you have plenty of time to discover that for yourself! LOL

Yep, tours are hard. Hubby has been on 8 tours in our 10 years of marriage... sometimes only being home for 3 weeks between tours! They never get any easier, no matter how many times he goes away.

But no one ever said being a forces wife was easy!

If your spouse could be stationed anywhere, where would you choose?

That is a tricky one, because there aren't any decent postings for Royal Engineers anymore.... but they can do a job swap with the Austalian Army so I would say Sydney, Australia

Do you watch Army Wives?

What is Army Wives? Is that an American programme? Don't know if we get it in the UK.... But was totally addicted to Soldier Soldier!!!

Is your husband staying in the military for a career or getting out after his initial enlistment

He is in for the long haul... always knew he would be... he has another 8 years left, but could extend another 2+ years because of his trade.... depends on if they give him his RSM! LOL

Hmm....Haven't really thought too much on it. I don't think it really matters to me as long as I get to be with my hubby.

Do you watch Army Wives?

Nope, never have. Don't really watch t.v. these days since we haven't hooked cable up yet. lol

Is your husband staying in the military for a career or getting out after his initial enlistment

We decided to wait and see how the first deployment goes. (I think he'll probably stay in)

Sorry to post something totally random, but I swaer, I've met some of the most stuck up women since my hubby and I moved here. I've only met a small handful of wives here in New York willing to give you the time of day :(

Lol I know...I wonder why so many military wives are so stuck up. I mean seriously, no offense to anyone, but the stereotypical army (or otherwise) wife doesn't have a great education, sits on her ass all day without going to school or work, and sleeps in until noon. So who the hell gave them the right to think they are so much better than everyone else?

Sorry, that's my little rant for the day! lol

Yeah, no kidding. I've only seen a few of us here actually working. A couple of the wives were actually talking about my friend right in front of her....Just glad there are some decent wives out there lol

Hawaii (which will be our next duty station if Hubby stays in)

Do you watch Army Wives?

Nope, i live the military life I don't need to watch it too though my best friend thinks i'm nuts for not watching it lol

My hubsand has been in almost 6 years already and has done 3 deployments. Now that we are having a baby he is really up in the air about staying in though at one point he wanted to be a lifer, guess i turned him into a family man lol. We might extend to do our 3 years in hawaii since there will be no deployments but really we don't know yet

Sorry to post something totally random, but I swaer, I've met some of the most stuck up women since my hubby and I moved here. I've only met a small handful of wives here in New York willing to give you the time of day :(

Lol I know...I wonder why so many military wives are so stuck up. I mean seriously, no offense to anyone, but the stereotypical army (or otherwise) wife doesn't have a great education, sits on her ass all day without going to school or work, and sleeps in until noon. So who the hell gave them the right to think they are so much better than everyone else?

Yeah, no kidding. I've only seen a few of us here actually working. A couple of the wives were actually talking about my friend right in front of her....Just glad there are some decent wives out there lol

Interesting that you guys across the pond have the same problem as we have in the British Army with wives who carry hubby's rank LOL

Yes, there are some decent ones out there... I work, I am university educated and for a long time I was the main earner as my salary was much better than hubbys! That only changed when we went to Germany!

ps... I soooo wish we could have postings to Hawii...NO FAIR!

Interesting that you guys across the pond have the same problem as we have in the British Army with wives who carry hubby's rank LOL

Yes, there are some decent ones out there... I work, I am university educated and for a long time I was the main earner as my salary was much better than hubbys! That only changed when we went to Germany!

ps... I soooo wish we could have postings to Hawii...NO FAIR!

I work too, and I went a little farther in college than my hubby. I don't care what rank my hubby is, he is a soldier nonetheless, and I thought military spouses were supposed to stick together hahaha

It would most definitely be nice to go to Hawaii...Warmer than New York lol

this is a great idea:)

Name: Sarah

DH's branch of service: US Army Active Duty

Do you have kids already? nope, this is going to our first:) <3

Is DH deployed or stateside? he is with me in Germany right now, but he is deploying really really soon:(

Will DH be here for baby's arrival?we hope that he can have his R&R around the babys due date!

Stationed:Bavaria, Germany

Where is Home for you: For my hubby: Texas for me: Germany close to Ramstein

How far along are you/due date? im in my 5 week right now, im due january 2nd 2011

I hope he makes it home in time too! Where about in Texas are you from?

sorry, i totally firgot to pay attention to the thread again lol
he is from college station:)

Germany again, Colorado, Washington State or Hawaii:)

Do you watch Army Wives?

yep. but my hubby hates it lol

we dont know yet:)

Hi I hope you dont mind me joining in !!!
Name: Katie
DH's branch of service: Army
Do you have kids already? 1 this is hubbys 1st
Is DH deployed or stateside? in Australia for 4 months...
Will DH be here for baby's arrival? yeah
Stationed: Australia atm, Catterick when he gets home, shorly after Aldershot!!!
How far along are you/due date? 11 weeks due 14.11.11

Name: Julie

Branch: Husband is Navy and in Bahrain (coming back home this month! after 6 months YAY!)

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 22 when my husband and I started TTC. Then when I was 25 we started again because now he's in the military and medical is almost free now for TTC. and after 13 months of metformin and clomid and an IUI we still haven't been able to get pregnant. and all that stress and meds caused me to gain 35lbs and a doctor told me that I couldn't get pregnant unless I lost a lot of weight. So I kinda gave up then. I'm trying to get back in the TTC mood. So that's my story. =p

Is this thread still active? i'd like to join! Im Heather,24 husband, William 26, USMC. We have a 2 year old, Kylar, and are expecting our 2nd boy, Kendon, in a couple of months. We are currently on recruiting duty back home in Oklahoma. WIlliam has served 3 tours in Iraq.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->