Milk allergy / lactose intolerance

Jox

💙💙💙💝
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience? What were you los symptoms?

I think my bubba might have a milk allergy or milk protein intolerance :-(

I'm taking him to the gp tomorrow but wanted to ask mummies 1st hand :flower:

We think Maddie does - as in I have given up all dairy and her symptoms improved. She basically always had a stuffy nose, her tummy was very distended, she was always a little wheezy, runny eyes... oh and projectile vomited when I had a white chocolate Magnum (bad mummy). EVERYONE has commented on how skinny she looks now (her percentile has stayed the same - she's just not bloated). We've had far fewer explosive poos and she seems to be a much happier baby?!?!?

So we're been referred to a paediatrician to check her out, my GP says the intolerance can last from 2 weeks to 2 years, we just want to know if it is in fact true (I miss cake) and how to go about weaning her - and getting her back on it as she grows out of it (we hope)...

Hope that helps??

Does sound similar :-(

Been to the gp today and he's trying him on a different reflux medicine 1st, he's gonna see him again in 10 days. If things haven't improved i will insist they do tests for an allergy it intolerance x

I hope ur able to sort things for Maddie x

My LO gets eczema and reflux. He can handle the gentle formula's fine, but as soon as he has cows milk formula his eczema flares up

The GP said my girl had an intolerance to either cows milk or lactose. We tried lactose free formula and she seems fine on it so i can only assume it is lactose she was intolerant to. Her symptoms were crying more than usual, mucosy brown poo with blood in it and pooing small amounts a LOT (10-15 times per day, and through the night).

My LO is lactose, cmp and soy intolerant. So if you have any questions ill answer the best i can :)

What are the symptoms of lactose intolerance?
People with lactose intolerance may feel uncomfortable 30 minutes to 2 hours after consuming milk and milk products. Symptoms range from mild to severe, based on the amount of lactose consumed and the amount a person can tolerate.
Common symptoms include
abdominal pain
abdominal bloating
gas
diarrhea
nausea

hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads