Milk/drink sign learnt from twinkle twinkle lol

mrscookie

Mama and expecting
Reaction score
I have been doing the sign for 'milk/drink' with Lylah now since she was 3 months old, and to be honest she never got it, but she knows what it means cos when I sign it to her she starts to cry within 10 seconds if I havent given her whatever it is I sign, but I still did it out of habit in the hopes that one day she would do it back.. but anyway

I was singing twinkle twinkle little star to Lylah the other day and doing the hand gestures of a twinkley star to go with it, and she copied me, but she did it back in the form of the milk sign.. and now when I sign milk to her, she does it back! It just shows that doing something irrelevant to sign can give her the kick start she needed. She now understands how to do it and has since done another sign for food. In the vid below you can almost see the moment she realises that she can do it back.

Here is the vid, I got her on film, please excuse her spaghetti bolognese sleep suit!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/melanieyeah/th_Twinkle.jpg

awwwww i love her, rhys loves twinkle twinlke too :O) they're like sponges at this age arent they

awwwwwwwwwwww! :cloud9: Rosie does the twinkley fingers makes your heart melt! Lylah is so sweet! X

I can't see the video right now as I'd wake Ally up! it's amazing when they learn something new and so special :) is there a sign where you put your fingers to your mouth, kind of pinched like you're holding something? Ally does that sign a lot...but they do signing at nursery and I have no idea if he's signing or what! Oh and is a hand held high like you're doing twinkle twinkle anything? I just thought he was doing twinkle twinkle! Sorry, hijacking :(

:thumbup:well done....clever Lylah, and clever Mummy:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Awww that is so cute!! The weird thing is, my LO has done that thing with her hand from about 6 months when she wants milk, but we don't do signing... :|

Aww that's brilliant!
I really want to do signing with Violet and seeing vids like that just reinforces that. She's so cute :cloud9:

I can't see the video right now as I'd wake Ally up! it's amazing when they learn something new and so special :) is there a sign where you put your fingers to your mouth, kind of pinched like you're holding something? Ally does that sign a lot...but they do signing at nursery and I have no idea if he's signing or what! Oh and is a hand held high like you're doing twinkle twinkle anything? I just thought he was doing twinkle twinkle! Sorry, hijacking :(

The putting you hand to you mouth sign is for food so sounds like that's what your LO is doing :happydance:

https://www.krk43tx.com/files/sign%20language.jpg

Awww that is so cute!! The weird thing is, my LO has done that thing with her hand from about 6 months when she wants milk, but we don't do signing... :|

So has Jay, it's really strange!!

Lylah looks really cute :cloud9:

xx

omgosh! Ally is doing eat/food and hot! And possibly 'more'. I feel so bad for not even knowing, definitely going to be having a chat with his key worker next time he's in nursery lol... That's amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->