Minimal symptoms and scared

Unlucky41

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am currently 5 weeks and 4 days and feel so scare because I hardly had any symptoms. Last time I was pregnant I thought I was blessed and had no symptoms but at 10 weeks scan realised there was no baby there. Hence I am terrified that this will happen again.

My sister just got pregnant -really easy as well but had plenty of symptoms.

Just want to know what symptoms you girls have or had at this stage.

Thanks
:hugs::hugs:

I had hardly nothing at 5 weeks apart from pelvic pain, then once I hit 6 weeks I started feeling sick, now I've completely gone off food. I don't have the worst symptoms like some ladies but had my scan last Friday and saw the heartbeat, everything was fine. I think it just depends on the woman and pregnancy, I know how scary it can be though, I fell pregnant for the first time just 2 months ago and found out it was a MMC at my 8 week scan but this time it's working out so far and I'm praying it carries on like this, try not to worry yourself and think positive about your H&H 9 months ahead x

i had nothing until after 6 weeks last time and am 5+2 with pretty much nothing this time. Try not to worry too much, fingers crossed for you x

I'm waiting for symptoms too, with my MMC I had none at all, but with my rainbow I'm pretty sure they kicked off round 7 weeks! I have a vague memory of being starving hungry (like I am now) then BAM, sick!!
I'm staying positive, and enjoying food while I can :)

I had no symptoms at all at that stage. The nausea hit at 8 weeks and subsided a bit at 10 wks but has returned the last few days (i've actually been sick the last few days).

With DD i had pretty much no symptoms at all, very very mild nausea for about a week (around 9 wks)...so this whole sickness thing wasnt really expected haha x

Try not to compare your symptoms with other women, or even your other pregnancy!

I know how it is, I've lost two this year...just try to stay relaxed and calm! And do not compare this pregnancy to anyone else's, or your previous, it's a unique experience. :) You're super early, and will probably get hit with more symptoms as time goes on.

Thanks for all the replies. I really hope I everything is ok :flower: DH has told his immediate family our news already although they don't know that we had to go through 5 IVF to get our BFP hence heaps of pressure.

I have the MTHER gene hence having clexane to prevent clotting and miscarriage. 1.5 weeks to first scan hopefully I get some good symptoms soon!!

Unlucky, do you take folic acid when you have mthfr gene issues? I read that people with this anomaly can't break down folic acid and need to use methylfolate, the form that is already processed and bioavailable without your liver going into overdrive.

The only symptom I had in my first pregnancy was constipation! I never had any of the 40+ symptoms those books list. I had a full term normal pregnancy, so it is possible to have a pregnancy without all of the symptoms. Don't let it scare you, it could be a blessing and you can enjoy pregnancy.

The only thing I've really had is tiredness and sore boobs. Even that comes and goes depending on the day.

Today the 'all day random nausea' has hit me which I had with my last pregnancy too but it only kicked in around 6 weeks.

You may get symptoms starting at 6 weeks, when enough hcg builds up. Or you might be one of those lucky ladies like my friend who never had anything till their stomach started growing after 14 weeks and baby kicking. I know it's so scary, especially because you had such a bad experience. Lots of :dust: your way for sticky baby!

If it makes you feel any better, I've been dealing with very mild symptoms, too and I'm 6+4w. I've only had very heavy, sensitive boobs and constant cramping. My fatigue isn't even as bad as it used to be. My stomach has been feeling "off" a lot lately throughout the day, but no major nausea and no vomiting. I've been freaking out about how mild it's been myself, but I've sort of realized it's also incredibly early still, and I've heard enough stories of things not getting into full swing sometimes until 8-10w, so my advice would be to try not to worry too much right now. Easy to say, I know, but it's all we can do until someone takes a look at the bean for us. I wish you luck. Hang in there.

I'm just over 7 weeks and just yesterday started getting gaggy/extra nauseated. I'm not usually a puker. Some people aren't! And yeah, 7 weeks is when I really started noticing an increase in symptoms.

Unlucky, do you take folic acid when you have mthfr gene issues? I read that people with this anomaly can't break down folic acid and need to use methylfolate, the form that is already processed and bioavailable without your liver going into overdrive.

Yes I am still taking folic acid! Thanks for brining it up to my attention as will definitely ask in our next appointment. I had a missed miscarriage last time thinking I was one of the lucky ones with no symptoms hence now I am always on edge :wacko:

The sac was measured around 8 weeks hence it was assumes that I miscarriage at 8 weeks. Sometimes I feel slight soreness in my breast but then it goes away. Sometimes I think I am dreaming it haha Yep going mad. But thanks for your stories maybe I don't get any symptoms but really hope some comes up next week more confidence going for the 7 weeks scan!

Unlucky41, you really should read this asap & think about switching to methylfolate. Especially early on when your baby is susceptible to neural tube defects/spina bifida.

https://www.freshideamama.com/mthfr-since-40-60-of-the-population-has-this-condition-and-it-is-the-underlying-cause-for-many-chronic-illnesses-shouldnt-we-all-be-getting-tested.html

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/secondary-infertility/469162-if-you-diagnosed-mthfr-please-read.html

I had no symptoms whatsoever with my ds. No fatigue, sickness or nothing. He's now a 20 month lil gremlin!

Unlucky41, you really should read this asap & think about switching to methylfolate. Especially early on when your baby is susceptible to neural tube defects/spina bifida.

https://www.freshideamama.com/mthfr-since-40-60-of-the-population-has-this-condition-and-it-is-the-underlying-cause-for-many-chronic-illnesses-shouldnt-we-all-be-getting-tested.html

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/secondary-infertility/469162-if-you-diagnosed-mthfr-please-read.html

Thanks for this I emailed my RE right away and he said not to worry as he as given me B12 and B6. Hopefully nothing bad happens!!

Thanks for the concern.

Still no symptoms and thanks to everyone that has replied it makes me feel better :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->