Minimizing weight gain.

bbbbbbb811

Reaction score
I was just looking for how any of you are minimizing weight gain? I am overweight with a BMI of 28. I gained 5 stone with my daughter and I didn't lose it afterwards:blush: I lost 1 stone then fell pregnant again and I really do not want to gain loads again. I know the simple answer is not to overeat and eat everything in sight again but I'm struggling with my choices and at night time when I put my LO to bed.
I still have a aversions which is also going against me but on the upside chocolate leaves a nasty taste in my mouth since I'm pregnant lol. I would love to go walking and I AM going too, which I know will help as I used to be an avid walker but haven't walked properly apart from when going somewhere I needed to walk too in a while. So just any tips or tasty snacks (that don't include meat, major aversion!) That aren't going to make me pile on the weight this time. Thank you!!:)

Edited to add: I think part of problem my problem is apart from dinner I'm more of a snacker rather than meals.

The slimming world diet is apparently miraculous...it still allows you to have treats but the results can be great. You're allowed do it when pregnant....I'm supposed to be following it (I'm 2.5 stone overweight) but I'm not doing a very good job with it ha ha. I'm 18 weeks and up 4 pounds tho so maybe it's all balancing out somewhere!

I did slimming world before but I found it v.expensive with all the ingredients, speed foods and fruit. I cook meals every night so dinner would be fine but I can't justify spending half our food budget on slimming world when my OH and LO need to eat too. Do you find it costly? If not what kind of things do you eat on slimming world?

Unfortunately genetics play a huge roll in weight gain during pregnancy.

My doc told me to only gain ten lbs this time. I basically laughed in her face :haha: But, I'm over halfway along now and finding out that it really is possible to minimize weight gain in a healthy way. It's not just about food choices, it's important to also stay active.

I had a huge meat aversion for a while too, so I understand. I found snacking actually helped. As long as I ate healthy snacks constantly and didn't let myself get too hungry it was easier to avoid junk food and too many carbs. Also, I let myself indulge just a little everyday in something so I could look forward to it and avoid overdoing it the rest of the time. I'm not good at all-or-nothing plans so that really helped.

In the Pregnancy Club forums, there are a few of us working on this same goal if you'd like to join :flow:

My biggest downfall is carbs!:( I made salmon, spinach and mash for my OH and LO and just looking at it made me feel icky apart from the mash but today I'm really going to try limit the carbs in my snacks. I'm not really a junk person (apart from crisps:dohh:) but takeaway and eating out doesn't sit well with me since falling pregnant and chocolate leaves a nasty taste in my mouth but if I'm hungry at 11am I make myself a mini cheese wrap as nothing else seems appealing! I could snack on fruit all day but it's do damn expensive. I will come have a look and see how you and the other ladies are achieving it, cause if I have the same sort of gain again on top of the last gain I know it will affect me after the birth. At 14 weeks I am lighter than when I got my BFP but I had a loss in first tri and I've pretty muchgained it back so now I'm panicking! Thank you for the indulging tip as well, as I think I try be too harsh on myself and say 'right, today I will not have this, that, or that' and when my LO goes to bed I cave and then give up for the day:flower:

I did slimming world before but I found it v.expensive with all the ingredients, speed foods and fruit. I cook meals every night so dinner would be fine but I can't justify spending half our food budget on slimming world when my OH and LO need to eat too. Do you find it costly? If not what kind of things do you eat on slimming world?

it can be very costly! I tend to snack on the ham slices, eggs, and muller light yogurts. generally I find that if I stick to syn free dinners and lunches (I have no will power at all at breakfast time) I do alright.

I know weight gain during pregnancy is a thing for me too, as I put soo much weight on esp when I had my second!
This time, I am trying to to maintain being active, lots of walking and have begun to fit in exercise.
And eating well too, and I eat as less processed as possible, and i eat full fat foods. Like butter, cheese, milk, that sort of thing, and now I can deal with fruit, I have started eating more fruit and veg too. but be conscious of how much I am eating- which is still more than pre pregnancy.

I have also started making salads, like chickpea salads etc, and make a big batch and eat that when I am hungry, or for lunch.

I hope you manage to work out something for you!

My biggest downfall is carbs!:( I made salmon, spinach and mash for my OH and LO and just looking at it made me feel icky apart from the mash but today I'm really going to try limit the carbs in my snacks. I'm not really a junk person (apart from crisps:dohh:) but takeaway and eating out doesn't sit well with me since falling pregnant and chocolate leaves a nasty taste in my mouth but if I'm hungry at 11am I make myself a mini cheese wrap as nothing else seems appealing! I could snack on fruit all day but it's do damn expensive. I will come have a look and see how you and the other ladies are achieving it, cause if I have the same sort of gain again on top of the last gain I know it will affect me after the birth. At 14 weeks I am lighter than when I got my BFP but I had a loss in first tri and I've pretty muchgained it back so now I'm panicking! Thank you for the indulging tip as well, as I think I try be too harsh on myself and say 'right, today I will not have this, that, or that' and when my LO goes to bed I cave and then give up for the day:flower:

Do you have a lidl or aldi near you? Their fruit and veg (along with all the other food) is really good quality and value. I used to be an avid asda, morrisons or tescos shopper and spent a fortune on food but I spend half the money now shopping from these shops. My husband is even a concert now and didn't complain when he found out he hasn't been having weetabix but wheeties for breakfast for about 6 mo tha without noticing as I had talent the packers out of the box! X

Thank you, nice to hear from other people and hearing how they are minimizing their gain so I can take tips! I definitely need to have more salads now the weather is hotting up. I love mozzarella especially in salads and still love it even pregnant so I'll have to start making them again:)

Do you have a lidl or aldi near you? Their fruit and veg (along with all the other food) is really good quality and value. I used to be an avid asda, morrisons or tescos shopper and spent a fortune on food but I spend half the money now shopping from these shops. My husband is even a concert now and didn't complain when he found out he hasn't been having weetabix but wheeties for breakfast for about 6 mo tha without noticing as I had talent the packers out of the box! X

I do have an aldi near me and although I have heard great things about it, I'm still skeptical for some reason. I will go have a look next time I'm shopping and see for myself:) I think it's just the change lol!

I'm doing slimming world :) so far I weigh about 9lb less than I did before I got pregnant

I follow slimming world and did through my last pregnancy it was great. The kids eat the meals too and tbh I find I spend less now than I did before. I mean plan and we all have the same . I spent about £75 a week but there's 6 of us and my kids eat like grown adults ha ha. I shop at Aldi and Lidl mainly when I shopped at Tesco pre slimming world I used to spend at least 120 a week if not more. It is a faf but can be done. I stayed the same through most of my pregnancy with the odd loss. I lost 16lb the week after she was born lol x

I also want to minimize weight gain. I'm obese and really don't want to gain much while pregnant. I'm only a little more than 5 weeks but already worried about gaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->