**Minor Update Page 9** My 3 day, traumatic (failed) induction... :(

I'm sorry you and your baby went through such trauma. I don't understand induction and 'pit to distress'; sometimes, I think doctors have psychopathic tendencies. Hopefully, your baby will come naturally now, when ready. Anyone comes near me with pitocin and I'll knock them out.

I'm actually mad for you. They apparently don't know (or don't care) that medical procedures dealing with induction and other interventions where pain is not managed and where a woman has a traumatizing experience can actually cause PTSD. I know this because I suffer from a mild case of it concerning c-sections. It's mostly tied to how I was treated afterwards but the thought of a c-section triggers so much anxiety. It can affect women way more severely then that though and even cause flashbacks and very physical symptoms for sometimes years to come. I realize some things can't be prevented but by the sounds of it, your level of care was more about what fits into their schedule then what is actually best for you and your baby. Shame on them!

I had to have an EMCS and was brought in at 8pm. I did have to wait for both doctor and anesthesiologist to come in so they didn't start til closer to 9:30pm but someone is ALWAYS on call in case the position is needed. There is no reason for that other then they just don't want to work overnight hours. Grrr. :growlmad: Sorry, I had such a horrible birth experience that when someone else gets treated horribly, I see red.

:hugs: I can hardly believe what I've read- that is just terrible "care"! Why put you through all of that upset and pain AND expect you to do it alone then just send you off home to deal with the after effects. I hope your little one decides to come soon so you never need that kind of intervention again. Its just shocking!
:nope:

My goodness they don't seem to understand the human body at all, of course your body isn't going to let your baby be born when you are under so much stress it's nature's instinct!! Why are they trying to induce you so early? I'm assuming the fact they have let you home it wasn't really for any good reason? I am so sorry hun, rest up, perhaps consider declining induction until you are in the 41st week?

Oh and if you don't like those stick things which I blooming well don't blame you they sound like an infection risk, just decline them xxx

I'm sorry that they failed to give you the care you deserved but you are a warrior for putting up with all the trauma :hugs: Hopefully, baby will come soon, bright and happy and it will be a positive experience for your family.

Oh my!! Im in shock. You poor poor thing. I really thought youd be cuddled up with your little girl by now. I canr believe what they put you through. Is there another hospital you could go to or is the procedure the same. I just dont know what to say. :hugs:

Many hugs to you. Any particular reason why you are been induced early given that you haven't reached 40 weeks?

This sounds awful...so sorry you've had to go through it. I'm 9 days overdue and not even dilating, but thankfully they're not forcing an induction just yet as I know how they don't work if your body isn't truly ready.

Why on Earth would they try to induce you before 40 weeks though? That seems absurd to me unless baby was in distress, in which case you'd think they'd just opt for a c/s.

You poor thing though. Sounds like they have messed up BIG time. ::hugs::

Is that even legal? What nonsense! I'm so so so sorry Hun. I'm not a fan of hospital birth or inductions. Try to rest up and if it's possible let baby take time to come. That sounds horrific. <3 hugs

Many hugs to you. Any particular reason why you are been induced early given that you haven't reached 40 weeks?

My obvious first thoughts! Insanity! I would run from a doc who even suggests induction before 41+

That's awful. I didn't have the best birth experience, but at least I got my baby in my arms at the end of the day. I had those contractions too, the 2 mins apart, 90 second contractions. Man are they ever horrible.

I really hope you can relax in the meantime.

And for those asking, the induction was medically indicated.

That sounds horendous! Im so sorry! I too was wondering why they induced you so early and if medically indicated then why did they just let u go home? Im really confused- where is this? Im a NICU nurse so dont deal to much with the delivery part unless it is high risk- but i have never heard of starting n stopin pitocin n then sending mama home? I hope after going home and getting some rest u will feel better and ur body does what it needs to do by itself.... I cant imagine having to go through labor without an epidural on pitocin-- sounds just horrible. Will be thinking of u.

So sorry you have had to go through this ordeal I cant believe they sent you home. Sending big hugs :hugs: Take care you are in my thoughts X

Oh my! I am so sorry you had to go through this. Cant imagine it did you or your LO any good with the stress and pain. They certainly hadn't learnt bedside manner or any type of manners. And them sticks sound horrific. Surely placing them and then removing them would be an infection risk if they were just going to send you home?!

I really hope the relaxing environment of your own home will help LO make her own arrival into the world instead of them stressfully trying to induce again. You are so strong for sticking it out !!

This is absolutely shocking! I've never heard of anyone starting and stopping pitocin and then just sending you home because it didn't work. Surely all of that starting and stopping has put baby in distress. I'm completely disgusted at how they are "caring" for you. Is there any way you could switch hospitals, they are absolutely barbaric.
I am so so sorry you've had to go through this. :(

I am so sorry! I know there are no words that we can say to make you feel any better or to get your daughter here any sooner. I really hope when you go in again that you will be able to leave with your daughter in your arms and for both of you to be healthy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->