Mirena out!

Fly

newly knocked up with #2!
Reaction score
Couldn't go yesterday, but I went today and got it taken out. The doctor was really nice - did a full checkup on me, loads of advice and well wishes. I said I wasn't ready to TCC right away (we're almost certain we're going to start after Christmas) and she gave me a big bag of condoms and said I could get pregnant right away health wise, but better to take folic acid for three months first so Christmas would be about right. OH was happy about it too. I've got an appointment later in October to get this lump checked out at a clinic, but providing everything is all right with that, looks like we're on for December - unless OH changes his mind again.

Very exited - and ready to start charting my cycles so I get to know what is going on again. It hurt a bit, but not nearly as much as it hurt going in! No bleeding though, so I'll be waiting for first AF now. Hope she doesn't take too long (never thought I'd say that!)

And I'm knitting... tell me I'm jumping the gun and not to be so daft - I know it's a bit early.... :)

Yeah - It's out -lol
wish it was me, terrible trouble just trying to get an appointment where I live - I do have an appointment now, for next Thursday though.

I dont know if the mirena hormones will protect you from pregnancy for a bit longer BUT with the copper IUD, I have been informed that I could get pg even if we BD'd in the few days before removal -as long as the spermies are still there and ovualtion timing is right -then there is nothing to prevent implantation.
Well - I can hope lol

Good Luck when you decide the time is right to ttc.
xx

Hurray! That's fantastic! I take my NuvaRing out for the last time tomorrow so I'm pretty excited as well! :happydance:

I know... I'm really excited, stupidly enough...

AF arrived today - 24 hours later to the dot. No cramps, and not heavier than it was the last time I had it (six years ago!!) I'm almost glad to see her again - CD 1!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->