Miscarriage at 13 weeks

HelenJane

Reaction score
Please help.
Today i found out baby stopped growing at 13 weeks. They want to medically manage my loss and basically means i will have to go into labour and give birth.
I do not think i am emotionally strong enough to do this but they will not do anything surgical saying the cut off is 12 weeks.
I am so devastated anyway and emotionally in pain. I cant handle physical pain too knowing i wont be getting a baby at the end of it.

I begged them to do a surgical proceedure and they said no. Along with other hospitals in the area. Is this right? I am in the UK.

Anyone who has been through a miscarriage at this stage i would greatly appreciate your opinion of it.
It looks like i wont have a choice and i feel its totally unfair.

Im not in the UK, but I was almost 13w when I found out about my loss.. I was in for d&c the next day. That definately doesnt sound fair

Well i had my baby.
I did ask for sugery and they were accommodating and i ak grateful however, i ended up having the baby naturally in 20 mins!!
I thought it would be horric, all day and constant pain but it was not like that at all. And in the end we got to meet our baby which i wouldn't have if i had surgery.
It was so lovely.
Xfouruiholdonx thank u very much for replying. I hope you are coping ok with your loss too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->