Miscarriage probability?

Bump2015

Reaction score
Hi there,

Went for first scan yesterday - doc thought we were going to view a 8 / 9 week pregnancy but scans only measured 4.5 weeks. I have to return next week to see if there is a heartbeat as nothing picked up yet.

Doc said that either we have wrong dates (which I am pretty sure we don't have) or could be inevitable miscarriage but best thing to do is wait and see next week.

I am very scared and nervous and to top it all off, about 3 hours after internal exam, I started with brown discharge, not heavy at all but hasnt stopped and have also had red blood once yesterday.

Any moms with similar experiences and what were the outcomes?

Hi there,

Went for first scan yesterday - doc thought we were going to view a 8 / 9 week pregnancy but scans only measured 4.5 weeks. I have to return next week to see if there is a heartbeat as nothing picked up yet.

Doc said that either we have wrong dates (which I am pretty sure we don't have) or could be inevitable miscarriage but best thing to do is wait and see next week.

I am very scared and nervous and to top it all off, about 3 hours after internal exam, I started with brown discharge, not heavy at all but hasnt stopped and have also had red blood once yesterday.

Any moms with similar experiences and what were the outcomes?

I'm sorry you're going through this Hun, sounds like it might be a missed miscarriage, I had one in November and it's heartbreaking, I know it's hard to take comfort in anything right now but if that is what's going on, at least your body is doing what it should do naturally and you shouldn't end up needing a D&C and if you're ready you can start ttc as soon as your bleeding has completely stopped :hugs:

With growth off that much so early on it's not looking good I'm afraid. I had a MMC last year and it was a similar situation. They will never officially diagnose it on the first scan and always ask you to go back. I hope we are wrong and it works out for you but best to be prepared. Sorry you are going through this x

I'm sorry you're going through this, I agree with the other ladies it's not looking good. I had the same last year and it's a hard thing to go through. I really hope that things do work out but if not I hope you get your rainbow soon.

I'm sorry it does sound like a mmc I've had 2 of these and they are awful. Is there any way your days are wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->