• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Miscarriage, when to start trying again

Bumblebee24

Mummy July 2014 Rainbow
Reaction score
Firstly ladies I am so sorry for your loss/losses it's completely heart breaking it really is.

My lmc was 20th May, I had a private scan Wednesday I should have been 7 weeks but it was measuring 4 weeks so half expected this to happen. I started bleeding yesterday, I am absolutly devastated.
The Doc is sending me to the early pregnancy unit for a scan on Wednesday. I think to check if everything has passed & to confirm miscarriage. My only positive is that I didn't have to have medical management & a D&C like my last miscarriage before DD.
We are TTC baby number 2 our DD is nearly 5.
After I stop bleeding can we start TTC right away or is it advised to wait. If so how long.
Would love someone to share the journey with. Took us quite a while to fall pregnant the first time & roughly 6 months with this miscarriage. I so hope I fall pregnant with my second rainbow soon x

Hiya Bumblebee, hope you're ok.

I'm with ya, I need someone to share the journey with too. My little girl is 4 and I'm dying to give her a sibling. I just lost my bean yesterday, I had a scan that only saw the sac on Sunday which measured 4-5 weeks but I knew I should've been 6 so I prepared myself.

How do you feel? Both physically & emotionally.

I had 3 mc's when I first started ttc. I finally gave up after a year, made an appointment with my gp to get referred to a fertility clinic and then found out the morning of that I was pregnant. Lucky, or turned out to be my rainbow baby & I love her to bits!

About 2 years ago we started trying again, previously we were just nine. But that's when I started to notice just how bad & irregular my periods had gotten. I haven't been diagnosed with pcos but it felt like I should've been, I started to get really down. In January I decided to go back to accupuncture but after 2-3 months I wasn't feeling it & stopped. My friend got me really interested in keto & I gave it a go. That really changed me, my outlook, weight, energy & most importantly my cycles improved. I was getting positive opk's, ewcm & my hormones felt balanced. In May I got some vvf bfp's but that didn't hold.

This last cycle I got super strong bfp's, even darker test line than control line but it just wasn't meant to be and I started spotting last Thursday. Fortunately, I lost it without any medication or procedure.

The weird coincidence is that once again I had made an appointment to get our fertility checked out (@ Create to learn more about ivf options) and got a bfp 2 days before. I should make more appointments...

I don't know if I should wait or not, I've read pros and cons to both, but I don't think I'll wait. I think I'll just keep trying unless I'm medically unable to. Losing this early leans me towards it being ok to try again as long as I don't feel sore or any tenderness.

What do you think you'll do?

I'm going to get us both started on Ubiquinol. I'm now on cd4.

Sending lots of hugs & prayers.

Hi @kits firstly I am so deeply sorry for your losses. My heart truly breaks for you Hun. You must be such a strong woman xx

I definitely lost it on Sunday. Has a scan at the epu today and confirmed nothing was visible and my uterus lining was thin. I did show signs of pcos ? However I have NO others symptoms what so ever. My cycles are very regular am not particularly hairy so goodness knows.

I am going to start trying right away. I have ordered IC opk. Just to confirm I am actually ovulating. I am currently cd7 & stopped bleeding yesterday.

I am so bloody scared x

How you feeling chic xx

Hiya Bumblebee, sending hugs. You've gone through a tough time too. Good that all is clear and that you don't need any intervention.

What are they basing the signs of pcos on? Only my acupuncturist ever suggested that & it seems I have a lot more signs of it! I've mentioned it to doctors in the past but they just brushed it off :shrug:

I'm ok, I took 3 days off work just to kind of deal with it but I'm going back in today. I really just didn't want to people.

I know it was more than likely due to chromosome abnormalities so I'm sure it was for the best but I really had hope this time! I'm so annoyed because some of my symptoms seem to have come back, this morning I had so much nausea & my boobs are a bit sore.

I'm on pregnacate conception and I just ordered some solgar Ubiquinol. I got 2 bottles so oh can start taking them as well.

I've been using wondfo sticks to check how long it's taking me to get rid of hcg & I'm almost all gone now.

I always use ic opk's which I think have been fine but I saw the cb digital dual hormone ones on Amazon prime sale so I got some of those for the first time. Never used them before so we'll see.

I'm on CD 6 so onwards & upwards!

They based in on how my ovaries looked on an internal ultrasound scan. Both the private & NHS scenographer said the same. The doctor when I mentioned it to him said not to worry as I didn't appear to him as a woman with pcos. As I have no other symptoms at all.

However I've been doing abit of research and come across some positive news. Maybe I just have polycystic ovaries not the syndrome part which affects you fertility.

Honestly I am so scared to start trying and not get pregnant quickly. On the other hand an scared to get pregnant and loose it again.

We'll get through this won't we chic x

Screenshot_20190717-213856.jpg

You just gotta keep your chin up Bumblebee, that's all you can. It's heartbreaking & some days will be easier than others, but you'll get through it. I'm back at work today, I wanted to burst out crying to the first & second person I spoke to but I held it in. I think that's the worst over with now.

Are you trying for your first?

Hopefully you're right and that it isn't the syndrome, are they going to do any further testing to confirm?

My hpt test was almost negative so my sore boobs might just be from my period.

Have you tried having pineapple for implantation? I think that's another thing I'm going to go back to this time. Here's some information in case your interested Pineapple for Conception & Brazil Nuts for Implantation

Sending virtual hugs.

Thanks hun, Ill defo take a look. Love to try and use natural things for health purposes. I've not heard about pineapple for implantation but heard about it for bringing on labour. I in fact used red raspberry leaf tea this time round to try to speed up the miscarriage and get my womb back to normal.

Ohh forgot to say that the epu took bloods yesterday and my results where 29 which is low I think so FX its all quickly going back to normal and ill O around cd 18- cd20 like previous cycles.

We are trying for baby 2. Our DD turns 5 on the 26th of this month. I have a missed miscarriage before I got pregnant with her. My dh hasn't been quite ready for another baby but I think after this hes a bit more on board.

I have just bought some clear blue digi O tests so ill do the IC until I have what I think is a positive and then do the clear blue. I wont let DH know I am testing though x

Ah, I forgot about raspberry tea, that would've been good. I was still hopeful though since I wasn't bleeding any clots until literally everything came out.

Sounds like we're in similar situations, my dd is 4 but her birthday is in March. Although, I am an older mama so I was trying to have number 2 before turning 40 (June) so I have just about a cycle maybe 2 left before that happens.

Before everything started going downhill this cycle the midwife scheduled a scan for tomorrow to check for a viable pregnancy (since I had to be on fragmin last time). I called to cancel it and tell them I lost it but they asked me to still come in to get checked out, I'm quite happy about, because I'd like to know that there aren't any issues and that all is clear.

I know it won't make much difference to OH's swimmers, but my Ubiquinol just arrived so I'm excited because I wasn't expecting it until tomorrow.

I'm also on a keto diet, which I love. I've been on it since February and it's really helped me to regulate my cycles, with cm & my insides feel great.

I found I still have quite a few ic opk's so I may start checking that after af stops as well.

Hope you've had a good day.

How are your patience levels these days? Mine are on a short fuse, can't help it :shy:

Patience levels WOW what's that. Just after the miscarriage I was like a wild boar. I've calmed down a bit now but still find I can go from 0 to boiling point over the littlest that by. But it tends to be my DH that gets most of my anger poor thing. X

What's Ubiquinol, I've just had a little read but not really sure what it's used for.

I am 31 & DH is 32 so we still have abit of time it's just the age difference that's starting to get to me.

My days been ok. I only work part time so I was working today, Monday, Tuesday & Thursday. I was back in Monday nobody would have been none the wiser.

Have your cycles regulated slightly now what's your cycle length. Mine are usually 32 days x

Am glad you've got a scan you'll feel better knowing it's all out. I might do another pregnancy test tomorrow morning. However I've got to go back to the epu next Wednesday for follow up bloods

I spoke with a GP in the past about improving egg quality and she said point blank there's nothing that's able to do that, but I doubted how much she actually knew about that area.

From hanging out here and reading online there's a lot of mention about it helping improve both egg & sperm quality as it's an antioxidant. We naturally have it in our system but as we get older we have less of it so supplementing helps. It's worth a try.

My cycles have been a little more normal since March, abhor 35 days, not a great deal of time to compare, but it's enough for me at least and recently I've been ovulating around CD 19-23 according to ff.

I'm off to the scan soon, have a great day!

Hope everything goes ok with the scan chic xx

Where are you from btw?

Negative pregnancy test this morning FX for this month or next month for sticky bean BFP xx

Last edited:
The scan confirmed the loss, she said my lining was thin as you'd expect at this stage. She also found a 1cm fibroid but never even put it on the report so must've been insignificant. I was told there wasn't a problem with trying again.

They took some blood tests to check if I have 'sticky' blood and referred me to the clinic.

Unfortunately the appointment isn't until 30 October, as that is the soonest appointment they had available, so I may not get three results until then. I'll call in a few weeks to see.

I'm in the northwest, just outside of Preston Lancashire. Whereabouts are you hun?

Hope the quick negative test means everything is gearing for ovulation.

I mentioned the pineapple to oh to help implantation & he came home with one & a bag of Brazil nuts! He's been really good & supportive.

Definitely keeping fingers crossed for you.

Hugs :hugs:

Sticky bloody wow you learn so much on here ive actually never heard that before.
Omg your oh sounds the sweetest what a little cutie. He must have really been listening.
Thin lining is good well not good but atleast it's all out, big hug. You ok X

Am not too far from you, am northwest-Manchester. My IC opk arrived today may start testing tomorrow. Me & hubby has sex last night first time in a while. Felt abit strange maybe I was over thinking it. So soon after the miscarriage and internal scan etc. X

Maybe it just needed to be part of the healing process, and you needed that intimacy. I think that's a good thing as long as it didn't hurt.

But I know what you mean about the overthinking, I think time will help with that.

It's a small world! We're actually thinking of going to the Trafford centre for the big bugs tour, trying to get there first thing though so we miss the crowd isn't always easy #-o

I'm ok now, I needed to hide from the world for a bit, but I have hope!

The Trafford centre is about 15-20mins drive away from me. Such a small world.

You know what I think your right & it was part of the healing process. Hopefully next time it will be abit more back to normal.

I know exactly what you mean about hiding from the world. I've been thrown full force out into the world. One of my friends weddings yesterday. Really didn't want to go but being with all my girls has also really helped xx

Yep, exactly. Getting out all day yesterday helped distract me & get me into the world again.

Af/bleeding is pretty much gone now as well so everything is feeling like it's going back to normal.

On CD 9, I think I'll try an opk tomorrow just to start tracking but not sure. I'm considering being more relaxed about ttc in case that helps since we're taking more supplements now.

Hugs x

Ohh glad to hear the bleedings stopping x

Yeah I was thinking that too this month too be fair. When through a crazy day of wanting to fall pregnant like now & bought LOADS of IC opk & some Digi clear blue ones but think I might actually leave it this month and get back on TTC next month. May just see what happens this month. Has the tiniest bit of ewcm this morning. X

Sounds like things are going in the right direction for you.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be ecstatic if we got our little rainbow this cycle but after the initial wave of distraught I'm ok to not be so desperate.

I have plenty of time to change my mind over & over before I ovulate.

Is your dad just going to start reception this year?

The answer is when you feel physically and emotionally ready. For me it was after the next period, but I am ancient and thus time was of the essence! The good news is that your chances of carrying to term are higher in the first 6 months after a miscarriage.

to be honest @kits am not overly hopeful this cycle and I don't think ill actually test with opk this month. Think am just going to go with the flow. I've bought enough to stock a fertility clinic so will prob use them next month.
my Daughter is actually going into year 1 in September she's the youngest in her year. When she goes back some of her friends will be turning 6 and she's just 5 bless her. Is your little girl just starting school in Sep.

THANKS @HopefulDoc heres hoping we both fall pregnant with our rainbow baby within 6 months x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"