Miscarried in 2016, never told my SO about it and it's tearing me up inside..

Stardustbby

Reaction score
Lately this has been eating me up inside. With so many of my friends, family, and coworkers getting pregnant and having babies I've been an emotional wreck. My boyfriend of 3.5 years understands that I want a baby but we've decided to wait until after marriage. Now, I already have a 5yo he has none. What he doesn't know, and what adds to my emotional response to all these announcements is that back in 2016, when we were just 1.5 years into our relationship, I had a positive pregnancy test and shortly after miscarried before my first appointment.

At the time I didn't know what to do so I decided to wait until I had an ultrasound to say anything but I didn't even get that far. I never told him about this. The only person that knows is my younger sister who was there with me. I still have pictures of the positive tests and have considered bringing it up to my boyfriend now because I get so emotional when I find out another woman is having a baby and I want one so badly.

Any advice? I feel like it's too late to bring anything up but I feel like maybe he'd understand more why I get the way I do.

I’d really urge you to tell him, like you say he would understand your emotions but not just that it was his baby too so he does have rights to know and I’m sure he’d want to support you. The fact you never told him probably didn’t give you a proper chance to grieve.
Please think about it.
Xx

So I told SO but he didn't really react how I thought he would. He kind of just brushed me off and said, "oh really? two years ago?"
I'm so upset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"