Miserable old cowbags - jeans issue

Lyra hardly EVER wears dresses! They are lovely to look at but highly impractical, especially with the good old English weather! She gets called a him all the time because I have her in jeans and t-shirts that are yellow/green/blue but even when they are pink or purple. Old people annoy me, one even told me (very loudly) in a cafe that I wasnt old enough to have a baby :growlmad: 'I'm 21 you silly old git!'

Lyra hardly EVER wears dresses! They are lovely to look at but highly impractical, especially with the good old English weather! She gets called a him all the time because I have her in jeans and t-shirts that are yellow/green/blue but even when they are pink or purple. Old people annoy me, one even told me (very loudly) in a cafe that I wasnt old enough to have a baby :growlmad: 'I'm 21 you silly old git!'

According to nature once you hit puberty is technically old enough :haha:

OT but..
Me and OH were actually talking about that the other day, how in old times it was more practical and normal to have children at a young age since you still have so much energy and your body is young, eggs still fresh! Back then there was huge community support too whereas now it is difficult for a teenager to raise a baby since that kind of support and community isn't so common. Notice it's mostly older women who have trouble conceiving.

Hope no one takes that the wrong way though, I'm not an advocate of 13 year old moms. I do often wonder what it would be like to go back to the time of village community life, with all the men doing hard work and women cooking/cleaning/looking after children together.

Madison has a pair of jeans with heart shaped pockets on the back.

how rude! I must admit this is my 3rd child , a girl after having 2 boys and I am 39 and it may be my generation but I am so looking forward to dressing my daughter in dresses....it is probably more practical to dress them in jeans and jeans are cute, but I would never judge someone for dressing their little girl in blue, brown colours or jeans!

OT but..
Me and OH were actually talking about that the other day, how in old times it was more practical and normal to have children at a young age since you still have so much energy and your body is young, eggs still fresh! Back then there was huge community support too whereas now it is difficult for a teenager to raise a baby since that kind of support and community isn't so common. Notice it's mostly older women who have trouble conceiving.

Hope no one takes that the wrong way though, I'm not an advocate of 13 year old moms. I do often wonder what it would be like to go back to the time of village community life, with all the men doing hard work and women cooking/cleaning/looking after children together.

I have to totally disagree (again OT!:blush:) But I was expecting my 1st at age 16 (now 18 years ago) & I had no help at all ~ No groups for young mums, no extra support, zilch!

However these days I notice there are soooo many groups for young mums, financial help & the midwifes & HV seem so much more supportive of young mums :hugs: They are lucky these days

OT but..

I have to totally disagree (again OT!:blush:) But I was expecting my 1st at age 16 (now 18 years ago) & I had no help at all ~ No groups for young mums, no extra support, zilch!

However these days I notice there are soooo many groups for young mums, financial help & the midwifes & HV seem so much more supportive of young mums :hugs: They are lucky these days

Oh I meant old old times, like a few hundred years ago when it was very normal for teenage girls to have babies and they would be raised by a whole village, all the kids playing together, all the mothers working together, everyone helping everyone. It just sounds so nice =)

Emilia has quite a lot of pretty dresses but she has taken recently to shoving the hem in her gob and exposing her matching knickers xx
I am still so annoyed about this and if I see them again I will have a go at them!! Ruse bints

Emilia has quite a lot of pretty dresses but she has taken recently to shoving the hem in her gob and exposing her matching knickers xx
I am still so annoyed about this and if I see them again I will have a go at them!! Ruse bints

:rofl: Aww that sounds so funny!
Kili likes to pull her dress over her head and play peek-a-boo with herself :haha:

I've noticed older people are very funny about babies in jeans, they seem to hate it. I don't really put my l.o in dresses yet because they just ride up and get all creased. I'm into leggings and tops.

How rude, I would have to have said something! I don't put jeans on jessica as I do prefer dresses but think jeans look lovely on other babies, people should keep their noses out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->