Missed miscarriage - how soon to try again?

Loui1001

Reaction score
Hi,
I had a mmc last week, picked up 11 weeks into first pregnancy. I had a D&C and the bleeding has stopped and when I went to see GP yesterday she advised waiting one cycle before trying again. The hospital had told me to wait for 3 before trying and I just wanted to see if any of you had advice? The thought of waiting even a month for AF seems like an eternity but is it safer to have at least one cycle past? Know it's easier for doctors to predict dates etc after a cycle but physically is it better to wait?

sorry sorry sorry for all the questions :wacko:

Hi Loui, so sorry to hear of your loss. :hugs:

I heard that they ask you to wait one cycle after a dnc to let the lining build up again, as it can be thinned out after a dnc. However there are probably girls on here who know more about this than me. :flower:

Take care :hugs:

new info :) scientists have said it is safe to try straight after :) xx

I personally wouldnt wait and I never did after my d&C last year, I say go ahead and start tryin if you feel ready to.xx

So sorry for your loss :hug:

I think it is mainly down to when you feel ready, I wanted to try straight away, this month has been the longest month.

This new study says no need to wait heres a link with some info: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1300741/Dont-delay-try-miscarriage-women-warned.html

I had natural mc so like Lucy said there is probably more here who have better advice.

I had a missed miscarriage and then had to go on to have a D&C. All of the gynae doctors said there was no need to wait, they all said the only reason they advise to wait a month is to enable them to get a good idea of the date of conception so you can be monitored at the right times. xx

Hey - so sorry for your loss - mmc are so cruel as you think all is fine. I've had 3 mmc and 3 d&c and personally I would recommend waiting at least one cycle before ttc again, I usually waited 2 cycles to let the lining build up again. To be honest you'll prob find you need it both emotionally and physically but its a very personal decision and one only you can take :hugs:

:hugs: Sorry for your loss.

It's hard, I know that generally you're more fertile after a mc and so lots of people want to try straight away. A mmc is different though. I fell pregnant accidently after 1 cycle and ended up having an ectopic, which apparently you're at higher risk of. I would wait.

I would simply do what you feel like. I did try right again as my d&c went very well and had hardly any bleeding after and besides, i wanted to move on from the sad event and feel normal again. But you have to make that decision! Also, as already pointed out, new research last week points to no reasons to wait for physical reasons as it showed women were more likely to get pg and have a baby than if waiting..

Good luck!

Hi Loui1001, I'm sorry for your loss...

I think at the end of the day it is a personal decision and one you can only make for yourself.

It's so difficult because there is no easy answer and its all a gamble, despite the statistics. If it's any consolation, I am in the same boat. I keep asking my OH what we should do, but he doesn't have the answer and neither do I. I guess you just have to follow your instincts, because mentally you have got to be behind your decision 100%.

For me, something is telling me to wait one cycle...

I would love to try straight away (I stopped bleeding after my miscarriage today) but I would feel nervous and anxious about it, so I thought I better hold off until it feels right for me.

You must have a hunch either way what is best for you... I would go with that! :hugs:

Thanks girls, such a hard time but my instinct is to leave it for one cycle, the thought of not giving myself enough time and something happening again would be more that we could stand :cry:

Here's to September xx

I had a mmc in July and after a cycle where I didnt ovulate (which is normal for me) we're trying again - just started clomid last night so fingers crossed!

I think everyone just has to go with how they feel - I know people who got BFP the same cycle as a mc and that was ok for them and I also know people who took 2 years to want to try again and that was ok for them - you'll know when the time is right for you:hugs:

:flower:

My nurse said wait for 1 cycle and go ahead! I had natural mmc by the way.

Good luck to all the girls on here :hugs:

I waited one cycle after each MC just to try and get my head a bit more sorted....I wouldn't have been ready otherwise....:flower:

Loui1001, I will be joining you in the September ttc fest! Fingers crossed...:happydance:

My fingers are crossed so much it's hard to type!!!!!!!!
Good luck huni and to everyone else looking for that BFP xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->