Missed period, on bc, but bfn?

penguins

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I'm currently in the WTT category, but I came over here because there is something confusing going on with my body.

I am currently on the birth control pill. I have been on the pill for 6 years now, and like clockwork, AF ALWAYS comes on Tuesday of my sugar pill week. My sugar pill week was last week, and I had no AF.

On Thursday (2 days late), I had one streak of light pink/brownish blood, so I thought thank goodness...I guess AF was just late! I felt cramping so figured she was here. However, after that, AF never came and I didn't even spot again.

Here I am now, about to start another pack of BC, and AF still never came. I am just so confused why this would happen. I bought a HPT today to test and make sure I am not pregnant, and the test came back BFN. I am still having backaches and cramps, but I am 5 days late now with no sign of the witch other than the physical? It feels like I have AF, but without the bleeding.

Do you have any input? Do I start the BC today even though AF never came? Do I keep testing just in case? I've been exhausted and sleeping/napping like crazy this past week. Another odd thing is my boobs are usually really sore right around AF, and they aren't sore at all?

PS- I have never missed a BCP. I did have a bout of a stomach bug for 2 days a few weeks ago, but it was (TMI) diarrhea, not throwing up. Could this have impacted the effectiveness? I know throwing up can. But if it did, why wouldn't it be a BFP by now if my period is 5 days late?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->