Misshapen Head

Sovereign

Reaction score
Charlie's head is all flat on one side. I've done some research on the Internet and am trying to reposition him all the time as he always has his head to the right. Somehow though he always manages to look the way he wants to and not the way I position him. I've ordered one of those Love Nest cushions even though they say to PREVENT them getting a flat head I thought it couldn't do any harm. Anyway, my question is, does anyone else's LO have a flat head and if they do will it get better on it's own or will he have a funny shaped head for the rest of his life?! Thanks. x

Hannah's head was slightly flat on the back and our pediatrician told us to try to keep her sitting up/on her tummy as much as possible when she wasn't sleeping. It's worked, her head's perfectly shaped now :) Try laying Charlie in a different position...facing another direction etc. if he tends to sleep in one position. Also lots of tummy time should help

I've tried putting him on his side and rolling a towel up behind him but he still puts the head the wrong way!!!! Also he hates tummy time - he doesn't mind lying over my knee though so would this be okay? x

yes that would work as well and still counts as tummy time I believe :D Just as long as you can try to keep him off that side of his head as much as possible.

He's just rolled onto his side!!! And the right way too! Aww, that's the first time he's rolled and now he's getting furstrated now cos he can't roll back! Aww, my little boy!!! :)

hi, its actually called flat head sydrome, my lil one had it and her head was totally flat on one side at the back, i was also quite concerned that she was going to have a flat head for the rest of her life, although everyone i asked new nothin about it,

but anyway my point is yes it does get better and correct itself, most are better by the age of one but all are corrected by school age.
in sever cases it can be corrected with a head brace, but a friend of mines baby had what i would class as severe fhs ( he looked like hed been hit with a shovel) and by his 1st birthday you would never have known..

there are lil things you can do to help but cant really prevent, lie baby on side and put something behind to prevent rolling back and change sides occasionally as it can start on the other side to, I would defo say it would be worth buyin a cushion it could help. i will be if i ever have another baba..

hope this helps xxx

hi love... my friends baby had this and they were advised to take him to a chiropractor which sorted it out. xxxx

hi love... my friends baby had this and they were advised to take him to a chiropractor which sorted it out. xxxx

I know this sounds thick but what's a chiropratcor,lol! I'm such a dumb ass!

My friends LO (who is the same age as Tegan) has a flat head on one side. He had to wear a helmet until a few weeks ago 23 hours a day, and he still wears it during the night. It worked brilliantly, and his head is PERFECTLY round! :lol: Most babies have funny shaped heads with bumps here and there, but this LO's head is perfect :)

archie has a flat head on one side hv just says he wil grow out of it so im hoping he will xx

The back of Harry's head is like an ironing board, but I just thought it was one of those things and would correct itself in time. Didn't know about all these cushions/chiropractors/head braces etc.... didn't think it was THAT much of a big deal. Bit more concerned now. He also favours lying on his right side, although his head isn't flat there. Not sure what to do considering we're all told to prevent SIDS, babies should be lying on their backs when asleep? I suppose once Harry can hold his head all the time he will be sat up more so i'm just going to wait for then and see if it corrects itself then.

The back of Ellies head is abit flat but since i bought the bumbo seat and jumperoo plus shes rolling about and that it seems to be helping.

The back of Harry's head is like an ironing board, but I just thought it was one of those things and would correct itself in time. Didn't know about all these cushions/chiropractors/head braces etc.... didn't think it was THAT much of a big deal. Bit more concerned now. He also favours lying on his right side, although his head isn't flat there. Not sure what to do considering we're all told to prevent SIDS, babies should be lying on their backs when asleep? I suppose once Harry can hold his head all the time he will be sat up more so i'm just going to wait for then and see if it corrects itself then.

our pediatrician told us to do tummy time at least twice a day when Hannah's head went slightly flat on the back.....also around 4 months she started to like sitting up with us holding her so she was in that position loads

Freddie has this a little on one side, HV said when he starts sitting up and moving around more it should rectify itself xx i asked about those pillows too and she said it wasn't nessecary xxx

Jack had a flat bit on one side of his head, but now hes not spending as much time on his back it is starting to go back to normal.

Max had a flat head too ..we bought him a pillow that is made for babies it has some sort of beads in it ..it molds to there heads..worked well for us ..

but dont worry hun like vickie said lots of tummy time :)

My little Billie has got it at the back from where she lays sleeping... not much i can do as they're supposed to sleep on back. I could put her on her side but she'll just roll back again and i don't like the idea of using wedges or supports to keep her there. I just hope its not too annoying for her coz when i sleep on my back i sometimes actually get pins and needles at the back of my head!

I know this sounds thick but what's a chiropratcor,lol! I'm such a dumb ass!

No worries. It's one of those people who click your bones and manipulate your skeleton. GP recommended it for my friends baby and it really improved his head.... I don't know how. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->