MISSION .. . . . Cot!!!!

K

KiansMummy

Ok so me and my LO (nearly 10 months) have co-slept consistently since more or less the day he was born, when i was pregnant i never planned to co-sleep, however it was what worked best for us, and being a single parent, in the early days i just did what was the easiest thing to do.

Anyway, ive decided its time he goes in his cot, im just not getting any sleep any more he wriggles so much and takes up so much room, i just want my bed back to myself :haha:. So tonight, i did his bath bed routine as normal, but after his bedtime bottle (he'd fallen aslee) i put him down in his cot at 7.15pm, its now 9.15pm and ive already been to settle him 3 times. Eeee its gunna be a long night :dohh:. Ive tried getting him into the cot on a few occasions but never been persistant and after a few times of comforting and settling him back down ive given up, so from now on i have to be strong. :thumbup:

SO i was wondering if any one has any advice. :flower:And also if anyone has been in a similar situation how long it has taken to get LO to go in his own cot/bed without them being unsettled and keep waking up. xx

Not quite the same situation, but I always fed Hannah to sleep then put her in her cot - I'm trying to move away from that now but for the first few days she freaked out when I put her in awake. I've been putting her in the cot with the side down and then sort of getting in with her, kind of with my head and shoulders IYKWIM? Then once she's nearly gone, I put the side up and wait a bit longer, then leave the room. Takes about 15 minutes, but she's happier now!!! Might help him be a bit happier going down. Good luck though!!

Didnt want to read and run... just wanted to say good luck and keep strong, be worth it in the end :hugs:

Not quite the same situation, but I always fed Hannah to sleep then put her in her cot - I'm trying to move away from that now but for the first few days she freaked out when I put her in awake. I've been putting her in the cot with the side down and then sort of getting in with her, kind of with my head and shoulders IYKWIM? Then once she's nearly gone, I put the side up and wait a bit longer, then leave the room. Takes about 15 minutes, but she's happier now!!! Might help him be a bit happier going down. Good luck though!!

Id thought about taking the side off his cot and lowering it to the same height as my bed and getting him in it that way then after a few days, maybe weeks. Putting the side back on hoping he would go in. But have jumped in the deep end i suppose, will see how he goes this way for a few nights xx

My LO was always fine in her Moses basket, but took a night or two to settle into her cot. Partly my fault, because I'd been co-sleeping for a few nights before trying to move her and it was too big a change :dohh:

I put a fleecy blanket in to make it more snug for her, and used it for daytime naps. The first night, she moaned and fussed until 2am when eventually I gave up and took her into my bed, but the second night she was much better. She loves stretching out in it now and won't settle when I try to co-sleep :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->