Mixed feelings about the growing bump?

Florabelle

Proud mama
Reaction score
Hi ladies.

This post may come across and quite vain but I hope not as I'm not a natuarally vain person. I'm almost 17 weeks and yesterday my bump just sort of popped out. It wasn't there when I went to bed the night before and all of a sudden, there it was.

I am thrilled to finally be getting a bump as it's proof to me at last that I'm not imagining this whole thing (I've had NO symptoms since 8 weeks) and it shows that everything and everyone is developing and growing in there.

BUT, looking at myself naked in the mirror last night, I definitely have some mixed feelings about this bump. I've always been a size 10 and whilst I've never had the perfect body, or a washboard stomach, I've always been fairly slim. My boobs have been growing pretty much since my BFP and I was cool with that (of course!!) but I am struggling to deal with mh bigger tummy. It is all out front so it's definitely all baby bump but I guess I'm just at that stage where if you didn't know I was pregnant, it could be a baby bump, or it could just be a big gut.

I'm hoping I'll be happier once the bump really starts to grow and becomes a REALLY obvious baby bump. For now I'm having some serious body confidence issues.

Did anyone else get this with their first or even subsequent pregnancies?

I've always been very slim, 6-8, but I really enjoyed getting my bump! I think you have to realise it's just temporary, and you'll be you again afterwards :D Try to enjoy it, it's a miraculous thing to be pregnant, embrace the belly!!!

ME ME ME, Iv not really got a bump yet at all..

but i have mixed feeling about getting so big...

its scary but il just have to deal with it and tone up after!

I definitely have mixed feelings about the bump. I'm also depressed if I gain even an ounce. Maybe it's just because I'm still at the point where you can't tell I'm pregnant but you can tell my belly's bigger so I just feel fat. I know it sounds vain but I'm a plus sized girl to begin with and I've been dieting and exercising for the past 2 years and have managed to lose 25lbs. So while I'm happy being pregnant and technically happy with my bump I'm also self conscious and feeling fat because... well because I'm used to feeling that way I guess.

I'm totally paranoid just now that people will mistake my bump for a flabby pot belly. I'll be completely fine with it once it's a bit bigger and it's really obvious that I'm pregnant though.

Me, I'm self conscious at the moment. I put on weight in first tri as I was always hungry and that seems to be subsiding a bit now but I'm left with the extra weight which I can't just "diet off" as I normally would. Feeling a little bit fat and can't wait for my bump to arrive properly so I'll have a reason to look like I ate all the pies. I suspect I'll get over it soon and I know I can work on it once baba arrives

My confidence has gone down rapidly since being pregnant too. In my previous pregnancies I hae got massive. Im usually a size 10 but after having my babies I ended up a size 16 both times. I was so down! Since being pregnant with baby number 3 my appetite has soared and I have gained alot of weight, cant even bear to look at myself in the mirror anymore. I cant stand photos being taken of me either.
We've just got to remember that our bodies are doing something amazing and we are so lucky. It will all be worth it in the end when we hold our little ones.
x

I've noticed a change too over the last few days but it's not a fully fledged bump as yet, looks like I've been being verrrry good to myself. And I can actually see people at work who don't know yet looking at me and focusing a bit too much on my tummy!!! So yep my confidence is down a bit, hopefully in a week or so it'll be very definite that it's a baby bump

I'm in the 3rd tri but i still like coming back in here and posting :). I finally look pregnant after looking like i just had a beer gut for the 1st and 2nd part of my pregnancy I finally have a bump. But I too don't like to gain weight. I had a dream last night that I had my baby and afterwards I was back in my old jeans and back to where I was prepregnancy lol.... I hope it'll come true:dance: lol. Oh yeah I was a size 9 nd right now i'm a size :cry: 13 lol.... Oh well have to grow my baby somehow haha

I'm a little different. I get depressed when I don't notice my baby bump. Sometimes it seems more prominant than at other times. I think it depends on if I have eaten a lot or not. I get happy when I notice it there, but sad when I don't. Go figure.

I know just what you mean!

I am really showing now and I feel very concious (sp?) of my bump. I too have always been a size ten and whilst being over the moon to be having a LO (although scared too) it takes a little bit of getting use to accepting the fact I WILL be getting fatter. I got upset this afternoon that I atetwo browinies because I worry about my changing body shape and my weight gain.

Dont beat yourself up over how you feel your not alone :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->