Mixed race preemie... ?

Surreal

Me + Little Man = Family.
Reaction score
I hope asking this doesn't offend anyone, it certainly isn't my intent...

I had a friend who gave birth to her LO at 29 weeks, and she is african american and her husband is white. They have two children together who are a paler color, but certainly have their mother's african coloration in them, still. :)

My question, for anyone who might know, or have experience... at 29 weeks, their LO appeared white, and so far, at 35 weeks(6 weeks old), he still is very white, not a dark tone in his skin at all! I was just curious if he'll likely stay white, or is it possible the coloration that his other two siblings have, just hasn't set in yet?

I don't have a preemie, but I have biracial baby and they say it can take up to a year (after a full-term birth) for their colour to really set in. So he'll probably get darker, but the cells that produce his colour haven't matured yet so it'll take longer. :thumbup:

A bit O/T but I think it's really odd when I say something about a baby "getting it's colour", like they're a Dalmatian puppy waiting to get their spots or something! :rofl:

A bit O/T but I think it's really odd when I say something about a baby "getting it's colour", like they're a Dalmatian puppy waiting to get their spots or something! :rofl:

Well, when you put it that way... :haha:

Huh, that does make sense, kinda like how eye color will take up to a year to 'set'. Now that makes me wonder if all babies start out pretty darn pale, in comparison to what they grow up to be. Hmmm....

Yes they will color after a year or so =)

They usually change a LOT in the first year, but he can still be white after !
My babies ( 2 yrs old and a preemie ) are from a latin dark skin ( like black ) daddy and I am caucasian !
My son is actually even blond hahaha, but got a lot of dad´s, nose, round face, lips, and ears lol
My daughter idk yet since she is only 13 days old =P but she is deff darker, but I know is a WAAAY to soon to tell

so it can change =)

My kids didn't start showing there colour until they were nearly one, it vary's though because my friends dd had colour from day1.

every child is different even fully black children with 2 black parents take time to get their colour my LO was white for many months in NICU now he is still considered to be light skinned @ almost a year we just figured he wont be that dark, whereas some of my friends babies where dark since birth

My dd was a mixed race preemie and she was really rather pale when born, her dad's african too. She's 5 now and has got much darker. Fairydreams :flower:

My preemie was actually very Mexican looking for the first month. Her dad and I are both white, though her dad is darker toned for a white man. She is now more white, but still has an 'off' tone to her skin.

my little siser is biracial and she was very white born..she is now 12 and has dark skin so yeah it can take a while for it to happen

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->